Truth about lenses any lens

Well this is the absolute truth and you'll only hear it here, this is the only place you'll complete your essential education about bread. It's like driving a hot-rod, it's great for shortbread but not for longer loaves... It's like camera lenses they add extra bits on them for marketing, the crusts are only there to make your sandwich look bigger... And the measure-bakers can't see the loaf for the slices... They look at the corners and say look "no ham!", or "no cheese!"... They don't know that the crust is just marketing, kneeding the dough, pushing the crumb... The best bit of your sandwich is the middle...

I was told this by some alien who abducted me. It wasn't his first abduction as he'd previously abducted a week old British Rail Ham Sandwich that he mistook for intelligent life on an earlier visit, (to be fair it was actually showing more life than the British Rail Guard and so was an understandable mistake...). Anyway they did all sorts of advanced experiments on the sandwich and determined it was all a marketing ploy. I suggested that they could just make the bread any size they wanted anyway, but he said that it just showed how backwards our species was if we didn't yet understand the finer points of marketing strategy and how it was manipulating our perceptions...

Personally I thought he/she/cephlapod was out to lunch and enquired if they could find their own way home or if I should call a cab...

Okay .... good on you mate
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

There was something different about the picture that took my breath away. It was the first picture I have ever taken in my life that actually made my jaw drop. It's not a pretty picture. It is a sharp picture. It is probably the sharpest picture I have ever taken. It was a night picture, there were city lights, there were brick buildings in the pic. Everything is unusually sharp and clear in the pic. What combination of settings or events led to this type of picture?

As usual, there may be several factors in play. Camera stability and atmospheric conditions can affect sharpness quite a lot.

Could it have been that sweet spot that the guy in the thread mentioned? I am not sure yet. But I do want to know.
You have missed the point of the video. In the video, he was not talking about a "sweet spot", but rather he was talking about the manufacturer's marketing strategies.

Most reactions

Back