Trying to figure out how to get my pictures this way...

sadiesmom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am a long time online ebay seller. I have been taking my pictures the same way for awhile. And while they are ok, they just are not bright enough. I was wondering if someone could give me some pointers. For what I do, I use a basic point and shoot camera(sony), as most Ebay sellers do.

Here is an example of what I have done
458768085_tp.jpg

Here is an example of what I have worked years on becoming.
carlisleplaidskirt1.jpg

I know this seller. As far I know we use the same lighting, the same mannequin and the same type camera. However, my pictures look drab in comparison. Her colors pop and I love love love the waviness of her background. I have some programs I have messed around with trying to create the same effects, but can't seem to get anything close. Any suggestions?
Thanks a bunch!

Not really photography - more post-processing really...

Anyway...

Got GIMP?

Colours --> Levels

Move the white point (far right triangle) to the far end of the histogram (big black thing in the middle)
Slide the mid-point (middle triangle) left or right until you're happy with the result.

Not really photography - more post-processing really...

Well, brighter lights would help the **** out of this situation too.

I use 2 sets of long florescent lights. What other lighting do you suggest to make it brighter?

I use a Sony cybershot. I have a SLR camera, but no Ebay seller I know for clothing uses them.

proper lighting and exposure is the key. Bump the saturation and you are there.

I hope you don't mind, but I did just what EckoZero suggested, and got this:

Before:
458768085_tp.jpg
After:
dress.jpg

Most reactions

Back