Two Location Engagement Session

AprilRamone

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.apriloharephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We started off downtown and then went over to City Park...
They were a little shy and have already told me they might want to schedule a new session where they look more natural....
1.)
MCB.jpg

2.)
MCZ.jpg

3.)
MCQ.jpg

4.)
MCCC.jpg

5.)
MCC.jpg

I think you did really nice work..I definitely see that your clients are stiff, but it's a hard thing to overcome as a photographer to bring people to the point of them not noticing the big black box in front of our faces...

I really love the first shot...just wish there wasn't as much out of focus branches in front of their faces and we got a better/fuller view of them. Really nice though...

These are wonderful. The color and clarity is right on. It's hard when you have stiff clients. Good luck on breaking the ice. Maybe they were uncomfortable being out in public? Perhaps you can find a location more comfortable for them.

Thanks for the kind comments everyone.
Yeah, I told them from the beginning that they should pretend they are on a date and try to pretend I'm not there unless I ask them for a looking at me shot. I told them to whisper in each other's ears and get close to each other. It was very hard to get them to warm up. I failed miserably on this one to get them to be comfortable:(
Next time I have an engagement, I'm going to talk with them beforehand and tell them to "practice" cuddling and think about how they show each other affection so hopefully they'll feel more comfortable about the kind of shots we're doing from the get-go.

April these look GORGEOUS! Do you set your white balance a specific way? custom? or worry about it in pp? Because your colors are always perfect. :)

You know what shape is interesting is in photo 3 and 4 there is sort of a heart made between them underneath their chins in the negative space.

Los Angeles, I think I kind of see a heart shape in # 3, but I'm not seeing it in #4. I'm kind of seeing a weird bird shape for #4 though lol

Kathi, thank you:) I have learning to do custom white balance on my list of things to do. I've been procrastinating on that for sure:/ I shoot in raw and I can sort of fix the wb a little in lightroom and then most people's faces have a ton of red in them so I tone that down in PS in layers and I also used the color balance tool to make some slight adjustments as well. I definitely want to cut down on my pp time though so learning Custom white balance will definitely be something I learn this year.

I love these!! I don't think they look that stiff at all. I love the first picture even with the branches in the way - I think it's different and unique and you can still clearly see the "kiss moment". Love that. I love #2 - cool angle. I love #2 as well. I think you were able to come up with many unique poses to keep it interesting and the colors are FANTASTIC. Great job!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back