Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
6476701229_207b1c8f8a_b.jpg

camera: nikon d7000, 18-105mm, f11, 5s

6476700921_eff6399564_b.jpg

camera: nikon d7000, 18-105mm, f11, 5s

C&C per req:

These are both nice shots, good shutter speed, etc to capture trails. I'm not so sure that a portrait (vertical) orientation was the best choice however. In both images you've clipped off trails on the side which would have added to the shot. I think shooting in landscape and composing to include all the firework would have made for the best shot. As general rule, once you've composed your image, zoom out just a little in case there are toes you've accidentally cropped or similar.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Yeah I like 1 but also think both would be better in landscape.

C&C per req:

These are both nice shots, good shutter speed, etc to capture trails. I'm not so sure that a portrait (vertical) orientation was the best choice however. In both images you've clipped off trails on the side which would have added to the shot. I think shooting in landscape and composing to include all the firework would have made for the best shot. As general rule, once you've composed your image, zoom out just a little in case there are toes you've accidentally cropped or similar.

~John

agreed

very nice shots. I do agree with the vertical thing. Can you crop them horizontally?

Thanks for you comment. Yes, i agree. I thought the fireworks would be very high before it started, that is why i fixed my camera portrait and use the wide-angle end (18mm) of my kit lens. But i didn't have time to change once it started. i also hoped to include the reflection on the water surface, but it turned out the reflection is not clear.

C&C per req:

~John

The pics look great exposure and speed wise. Landscape might have made them look better. Nevertheless getting fireworks is as easy as it looks. Keep it up.

Most reactions

Back