Uh oh! I tried to clean my 40D sensor and pieces fell out everywhere!

I enjoy the philistine notions of what assumes intelligence here. Acting before you think does not connote brain cells, or the ability to be analytical.

In my case, it's that I hate technology, I don't care about it, and I hate utilitarian principles that form the guidelines of being organized and approaching technology completely logically and carefully - so without any care about it, I simply act without putting any positive emotion or thinking towards it.

While I understand the logic behind this organization that provides positive results with your technology, I choose erratically to be distanced from it, perhaps because of my hermeneutic hatred for common sense.

I realize that it has dire consequences towards my equipment, but I think in a different level. I have a master's degree, I write highly developed phenomenological philosophy books etc - so, this whole notion of 'common sense = brain cells' is absurd.

I agree, a paradox isn't it? To create stunning art, I must use this technology to do so. However, the problem I see, is even if I am a bumbling 'artist', I am an artist.. I create great art. Instead of the mass of idiots who focus hours upon hours upon technical details, and knowing the nerd talk and organization of photography (who have turgid photography) at-least the final photographs I produce are stunning and have acclaim.

However, instead of this becoming a typical neanderthal forum thread, perhaps the half of those with plebeian insults can simply leave, and the ones with technical suggestions can give input?

The past is done. Help me with the present.

Perhaps you should ask Edmund Husserl for guidance on how to remedy this particular dilemma. A bit of systematic reflection on the steps that led you to this particular condition would allow you to be reverse your steps. It would be good to look at this as a Lifeworld situation.

Or you could call (949) 753-4237 on Monday morning and speak to one of the mass of idiots at the Canon Service Center. While they may not have a masters degree, they have something quite valuable in this world. The ability to take a bunch of parts an create a working machine. As a wise man once said:

[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]Philosophy is just a hobby. You can't open a philosophy factory. ~Dewey Selmon[/FONT]

HAHA, when i first saw this post, I thought those pictures were 8 bit video game characters not parts photos:lol:
I can relate, Im alway taking my engine apart in my $20,000 truck and can never get it back together without having a few extra parts lying around, obviously ones not needed. Whats the big deal, theyre just not needed.:thumbup:

When I worked a a mechanic shop, we would call those "optional extras from the factory".

I love how this guy tries to cover his careless mistake with a rant that would make his thesaurus proud. Good try at making yourself seem oh so much better than everyone that you are begging to help you. The fact of the matter is that if you abhor technology so much, and are analytical enough to know that you tend to make hasty decisions, you should have had enough forsight to guess that you should probably not be the one working on your $1000 camera. You can't blame people for thinking that your post was possibly some sort of joke.

Let me try to explain it in your philosophical language, even though it is far beyond my grasp. "Confucious say, take it to shop":lol:

Well, it's Monday evening. Just checking in to see if the OP called the Canon Service Center and if so what the quote was. I know what a busted 24-70 f2.8L cost to repair when the focus motor ring fails. :D

Well, it's Monday evening. Just checking in to see if the OP called the Canon Service Center and if so what the quote was. I know what a busted 24-70 f2.8L cost to repair when the focus motor ring fails. :D

But did it fail because you attacked it with a screwdriver? :lmao:

No, it just failed all by it's self. I wasn't even aware of what the issue was until CANON opened it up and e-mailed me the problem and the quote to fix it.

No, it just failed all by it's self. I wasn't even aware of what the issue was until CANON opened it up and e-mailed me the problem and the quote to fix it.

So how much did it cost to fix the focusing ring on an L?? I sent in a 28-135 IS recently and it was 135 to replace the focusing ring, one of the inner glass replaced, USM ring assembly.

So how much did it cost to fix the focusing ring on an L?? I sent in a 28-135 IS recently and it was 135 to replace the focusing ring, one of the inner glass replaced, USM ring assembly.

$129, plus they cleaned it and re-calibrated it to the body I use it on the most. A whole new beast. I thought it was good before it had problems. Having it calibrated to a body has made a great lens and Outstanding lens.

Now, I am not sure what a Masters in Philosophy has to do with screwing around on a 40D DSLR, but hey, maybe Sokrates was already doing that (doubt it though).

I am also really not sure, why at some stage this thread has turned into a battle of wits and who can use the bigger word, agree with burstintoflame81 - Confucious will tell you that, look it up ;)

Seriously though - aside from all the intellectual ******** that we were allowed to be exposed to, anyone who takes any tools to his camera better know what he/she is doing, or have enough money to get it fixed by the pros afterwards.
I have myself dissasemlbed my camera several times, and actually put it back together (the first time, to my suprise, luckily, it was my cousins old and broken model)...but from what I read about the OP unscrewing all sorts of screws (in the camera I mean of course) he/she really has no idea about what these are, and thus, is creating much more damage to the camera than good.

Take it to the store, call in to Canon - but please, don't maltreat it anymore.

Most reactions

Back