Uni Module

In order to receive effective critique on an image like this, you'll need to provide some context and background.

Haha sorry I get really shy about my work - that's why i linked my blog.

Uhm well... this image was part of a project I done 3 years ago about Auschwitz, Poland during the War and my family. This particular photo is a self portrait depicting the feelings of the female prisoners in Auschwitz.

This is actually the scanned, full 6x7 negative that I blew up to 6 foot high so compressing it has left it looking a bit more grainy than it originally was, but it was always intended to be grainy.

Hmmm... I don't think this is a stand-alone image. From your description, I can understand the intent, BUT it's not translating well for me. Your expression looks rather too serene - I would expect more of a haunted/hunted/scared look. Without other images in the series, this one actually seems more like it belongs in a relegious set. I'll have to wait 'til this evening to have a look at your blog.

Personally I don't feel that this image "tells me a story" so to speak. Its just a picture of an attractive naked woman...

Technically, it is good. However, I think it may benefit from a little more contrast, less grain/noise, and possibly a sepia or old photo "type" treatment.

i agree with others here....i think you could add some more jail like features to the background to let us know this is about prisoners for instance a small window with bars in the top right corner as they would have in old jails or prolly writings on the wall
i am not a pro also i'm not as attached to the scene as you are so take my opinions with a grain of salt (i think thatz the right expression, dunno lol)

i agree with others here....i think you could add some more jail like features to the background to let us know this is about prisoners for instance a small window with bars in the top right corner as they would have in old jails or prolly writings on the wall
i am not a pro also i'm not as attached to the scene as you are so take my opinions with a grain of salt (i think thatz the right expression, dunno lol)

My intention was to have a projection of one of the Auschwitz cells behind me but it got mixed reviews, alot of people said it was unnessacary or a bit cliche, so I completely respect your opinion because I was also in this frame of mind.

Thanks for the compliment, Bus_RiDeR haha.

And thanks for all the criticism, it helps alot!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back