Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few snaps from a quick appearance at Union Station:

524243071_SACw3-L.jpg

524243434_H7Ui4-L.jpg

524243337_75NFD-L.jpg

524243195_Wvm3w-L.jpg

Full gallery here:
Gary Ayala : photos : Olvera Street & Union Station - Los Angeles- powered by SmugMug

Gary

Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Very nice. #4 is especially well done.

Vautrin

Reaction score
Website
www.withoutamapphotography.com
Photos OK to edit
I really like #1. Did you try to get that effect, or was it accidental? How did you get that kind of "glow" -- overexposing the windows so it looks like light is shooting out of it?

tomazws

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
They're all great! I specially LOVE #4!

OP
Seefutlung

Seefutlung

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.garyayala.smugmug.com
Photos OK to edit
I really like #1. Did you try to get that effect, or was it accidental? How did you get that kind of "glow" -- overexposing the windows so it looks like light is shooting out of it?

Thanks ... I metered for the room (incident reading) knowing that the windows would get blown out ... which is what I sorta previsualized the final image to be.

On this one I metered for the lights knowing that the room would fall off into darkness.

Gary

524243025_VQkrE-L.jpg

CW Jones

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Photos OK to edit
the best part is.. I dont even need to know what #2 is... its just that amazing to me. great light, composition, everything is just great. very abstract, can't say enough about it... nor can I stop looking at it

OP
Seefutlung

Seefutlung

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
Photos OK to edit
the best part is.. I dont even need to know what #2 is... its just that amazing to me. great light, composition, everything is just great. very abstract, can't say enough about it... nor can I stop looking at it

LOL ... thanks again CW ... BTW- it's about five inches and 99.99999% of the people just walk by this little jewel ... a friend brought it to my attention. The middle section from the head to the rectangle above the wings slides up (not hinged)

Gary

Vautrin

Reaction score
Website
www.withoutamapphotography.com
Photos OK to edit
Thanks ... I metered for the room (incident reading) knowing that the windows would get blown out ... which is what I sorta previsualized the final image to be.

I really like what you did, very impressive. I've been able to get things to fall in shadow before but never such dramatic darkness && light... out of curiousity, what kind of camera / lenses are you using?

OP
Seefutlung

Seefutlung

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
Photos OK to edit
I really like what you did, very impressive. I've been able to get things to fall in shadow before but never such dramatic darkness && light... out of curiousity, what kind of camera / lenses are you using?

Thanks Vautrin. I was using a 5D and a 1DsMKII combined with a Tamron 17-35 f?2.8 and a Sigma 20 F/1.8.

Gary

Most reactions