What's new

Unlimited Parking (colour version)

Plus, the monochrome correlates with the age and past of the immortally parked truck.
I disagree here. That rusty red color doesn't happen within a few months.....that takes decades to occur!
 
Plus, the monochrome correlates with the age and past of the immortally parked truck.
I disagree here. That rusty red color doesn't happen within a few months.....that takes decades to occur!

I agree with you, but the age is discernible in the B&W image, too.
 
Thank you, guys!
 
I think I slightly prefer the black and white version but this also works. Maybe, even though I am not a big fan of it, do the truck in color and the rest of the scene in b&w. Just a thought.
 
I think I slightly prefer the black and white version but this also works.
I prefer the B&W version as well.

Maybe, even though I am not a big fan of it, do the truck in color and the rest of the scene in b&w. Just a thought.
Selective colour is not my thing :) (plus I wouldn't know how to do it either ;))

Thanks again for your feedback, and welcome to TPF!
 
I checked out the B&W and am going to go against the popular opinion of everyone else. I prefer the color in the image. For me, it gives me a feeling of warmth and a time gone by. The snow also corresponds with things being dead or an end of life kind of thought all while still having a warmth with the colors. With the black and white, it doesn't really evoke the same feeling. I have a flat, meh, not gonna give the photo another look type of thought. The sky also bothers me for some reason. This is all the opinion of someone who is new to photography and has no place in any actual critiquing so don't take what I say with any real concern. ;)
 
This is all the opinion of someone who is new to photography and has no place in any actual critiquing so don't take what I say with any real concern. ;)
I think you got that last part wrong :) Your whole post was about how you felt about the photos – if you're a beginner or a super-pro your feelings are likely going to be the same. I appreciate all kinds of feedback, but most of all I appreciate comments like yours. Cheers.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom