Unsure how to shoot this subject.

Phatboy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recieved this foggy bowl deal from my family for Christmas this year, and although it dosnt fit in with anything in my home I like it for its coloring and shape.

I cannot find a nice way to shoot this lamp with any type of background because it is a light source, and it changes color every 3 seconds. This is the best shot I could come up with. Camera was on auto settings. I dont know enough yet to start messing with the settings. What should I change or where should I start with this subject.

Any Ideas to make it a better shot. Btw all my shots are hand held. No tripod yet.:(

bluebowlresizedta8.jpg

Maybe you can do a bit more with the reflection beneath, give it some more room there and try getting a symmetric image of it

I'd try using a mirror in various positions. Under the bowl and behind the bowl. Or, even a piece of clear glass. I think Silent Thunders idea of reflections is an excellent one.
Since you don't have a tripod you might find it helpful to set your camera on a firm object.

Btw all my shots are hand held. No tripod yet
There's your answer.

Here's a hint...it doesn't have to be a tripod, the important thing is that you are not touching the camera when you snap the photo. Put the camera on a bean bag or what ever and use the self timer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back