Unwanted?

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I don't consciously do "evocative" in my images, but I had a go here in the composition and PP. The shadows and wind-blown pile of leaves seemed to say something about the medieval church at Haceby, Lincolnshire that was made redundant in 1973.

Tony

For more info go to: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com/2008/01/conserving-past.html

Haceby-church-porch.jpg

REally diggin this image. I like how those shadows lead into the open door. What a cool place to shoot.

The textures and earth tones are a real pluse also. Very nice image. Now if there was just a tombstone seen through the gate, Chiller would be almost emotional. And, yes a real cool place to shoot.

Thanks for the feedback Chiller and John. This is a shot I tried a couple of weeks ago but didn't nail. I went back a couple of days ago in the morning with stronger light and was much happier.

Regards, Tony

The textures and earth tones are a real pluse also. Very nice image. Now if there was just a tombstone seen through the gate, Chiller would be almost emotional. And, yes a real cool place to shoot.

Im already emotional. Would love to set this up for halloween. :D

Thanks Dani - the shadows were the difference between my first attempt which was OKish but a bit flat, and this one which I preferred.

Regards, Tony

Would you mind telling how you metered this shot? The scene seems to have a wide dynamic range of lighting.

Dani.

Dani - I metered off the light wall in the porch and underexposed by EV -1.7. Then I brought up the underexposed shot in post processing - a bit of Fill Light and Clarify in RAW, then Shadows & Highlights and Curves. I think I added a Contrast Mask too. Underexposure was necessary to control the light from the sky.

KristinaS - Thanks for the kind comments.

Regards, Tony

Thanks for information Tony.

Dani.

It´s so nice to have you back to see and enjoy your photos...

Very interesting, nice job!

Most reactions

Back