"Unzipped"

I don't usually like your stuff. I like this one.

great concept!

Except for the lack of a shadow someone mentioned, I really like this :wink:

That zipper should be somewhere else.

Very interesting study, and doubtless you've learned quite a bit.

If you could reproduce your lighting, and actually have a zipper pull tab adhered there with something like gum arabic, you'd be able to study how the shadow would fall across the neck and zipper's teeth. This'll help either with further work on this image or on your next image.

And a zipper there in real-life would definitely help out surgeons who are trying to unclog carotid arteries!

Oh, I hope the zipper isn't somehow related to the missing wedding band! Could be tougher to find than in a sink drain trap.

Last edited:
Yeah, I dunno....I think it would be a great shot....er...ummmm....without the zipper?? ;-)

Needing some C&C on the PP, you can see others on my flickr, Thanks guys

The zippers look like they were pasted in. They look like they're pushed up against the skin, whereas a real zipper wouldn't look like that.

Have you thought about getting two real zippers and sticking them to your neck? You could even put the whole thing in there, fill the middle parts between the teeth with black and PS the edges to make it look like part of your skin. And then you'd have natural shadows.

You have more talent in your left pinky than I swear I do in my whole body. This is such a beautiful shot, I like the thought process behind it. As said above a few minor touch-ups, but other than that fantastic. Big fan!!

You have more talent in your left pinky than I swear I do in my whole body. This is such a beautiful shot, I like the thought process behind it. As said above a few minor touch-ups, but other than that fantastic. Big fan!!

A compliment like this, coming from someone like you, makes this a BIG compliment! Thank you :)

Most reactions

Back