Upcoming 2009 calendar

kundalini

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The use of a reflector or fill flash would have benifited the loss of detail in kitty's fore-quarters. The harsh light on his/her hind-quarters takes away from the subtlety of the shot. There are some hot spots... the shucks on the Indian corn and the shucks above his/her hind-quarters, top left etc.

The pose of the cat is quite good.

If you could reshoot this and work on your lighting, I think you have a fine candidate for a calendar pic.

OP
Nimitz

Nimitz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hmmm ... thanks for the comments but I'm not sure I agree with everything your saying ... image was taken in a studio setup with 3 strobes (softbox for key, umbrella for fill & hairlight with grid) which you can see in the catchlight in his eyes. I don't see any loss of detail in his forequarters, just the opposite in fact as you can see every hair including a few of his white ones admist the black & hairline separation within paws. The small image coupled with maybe your monitor not being calibrated could be causing this? I can assure you the amount of detail is quite amazing when you look at this image in a larger format. I do see some minor hot spots on the corn shacks & corn but they don't really detract from the image IMO. Also, the calendar has already been printed and made available so I doubt I'll be reshooting ... :)

.Serenity.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Looks like you swiped my kitty.
Your subject looks exactly like my boy Snickerdoodles.
I think its adorable!

Most reactions

ClickASnap

New Topics