(updated) Model call flier C&C requested.

JustJazzie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, I have decided to put out a model call on the local FB group page and see where it leads! I would appreciate any C&C you may have to offer before I publish it.

Does it sound more inviting to say "real women" "Average women" or "Everyday women?"

Technicaly I never took a "before" of my sister. I have two options for "before" pictures. The one taken closest to the shoot, it a terrible cell phone shot. The "better" shot was taken about 3 months later. Which do you think is a better option? (ignore the typos in the first example please, I displayed it so you could see the B/A options)

Thanks a bunch!

flier2.jpg flier3.jpg

A few thoughts:

-I would try and work in the fact that you're a female, as this will likely make potential clients feel a little more comfortable.

-I would use the phrase, "local photographer looking for local women". Since you don't live in LA or Las Vegas, the "average", "real" and "every day" is implied, but without actually saying it.

-I would change the "before" and "after" to something else, since that normally indicates the before and after of the same image. Perhaps, "Every day snapshot" and "Glamour Portrait by Jazzie"?

-To me, your main text doesn't make it entirely clear what you're offering. "Local photographer looking to expand portfolio seeking local women to model for free professional glamour portrait sessions. Models receive..."

In my experience with my Veteran's Portrait Project, people are suspicious, so you need to explain why you're offering something for nothing. You also need to imply value ("professional") and what's in it for them.

"real" women....
not....mannequins?
or men dressed in drag?
why are you apposed to photographing dolls and men in drag?!?

"real" women....
not....mannequins?
or men dressed in drag?
why are you apposed to photographing dolls and men in drag?!?
Lol. Yeah I know "real" isn't the right choice...

How about
"Local photographer, wishing to expand her portfolio is seeking out women of all ages interested in receiving a modern glamour portrait session along with timeless photographs in exchange for your time and collaboration"

How about
"Local photographer, wishing to expand her portfolio is seeking out women of all ages interested in receiving a modern glamour portrait session along with timeless photographs in exchange for your time and collaboration"

will there be punch and pie?
I heard there will be punch and pie.

"local female photographer" maybe? maybe too inclusive sounding...dunno. maybe just using "her" in third person works fine.
I don't understand the "timeless photographs" thing.
a glamour portrait session AND timeless photographs? what kind of photograph is "timeless"? what style is that? can you give an example?
maybe...."glamour and traditional portraits"?

How about

will there be punch and pie?
I heard there will be punch and pie.

"local female photographer" maybe? maybe too inclusive sounding...dunno. maybe just using "her" in third person works fine.
I don't understand the "timeless photographs" thing.
a glamour portrait session AND timeless photographs? what kind of photograph is "timeless"? what style is that? can you give an example?
maybe...."glamour and traditional portraits"?
Meh. Im sure timeless is a catch phrase, but I am going to keep it! If it doesn't work, ill ditch it next time. IMHO all photographs are timeless. well, as long as you back up your hard drive. The glamour session, is the session. The photographs are what she will receive AFTER the session.

Hows it looking, minus the timeless debate of corse.

Attachments

• flier3.jpg
    flier3.jpg
    364.7 KB · Views: 222
oh yeah, also.... Since I will be posting it on FB, through my account. ( I haven't decided if I will start up an artists account or use my personal page yet) They will easily be able to see that I am a female photographer on the post, and if they click on my page.

Just an FYI, if you do start up a business page on FB, they will severely limit your organic reach on a post like this. Not sure why, but any photo with a lot of text like this plays into their algorithm of "let's basically force them to pay to promote this post"

Just an FYI, if you do start up a business page on FB, they will severely limit your organic reach on a post like this. Not sure why, but any photo with a lot of text like this plays into their algorithm of "let's basically force them to pay to promote this post"
Thanks for the heads up. I will mostly be using this directly to a group. I'm hesitant to start a business page because I don't want to be considered a business right now. So I may have to use ny personal page.

ok so...im a little on the fence with the whole "before and after" thing...
I understand the concept, and I see where you want to show people the difference between a "snapshot" of them, and an actual "portrait" of them.
on the other hand....
It kinda reads like a weight loss brochure.

I understand the concept, and I see where you want to show people the difference between a "snapshot" of them, and an actual "portrait" of them.
on the other hand....
I hear ya! But it's a huge "thing" if you follow Sue Bryce and her business model- and if it's good enough for Sue..... ;-)

on the other hand....
I hear ya! But it's a huge "thing" if you follow Sue Bryce and her business model- and if it's good enough for Sue..... ;-)

I really don't follow anyone, but a quick google search says she does a fair amount of work.
or, at least has good SEO.
if you think it will work for you and your area, I say go for it. Never know whats going to work until you try it.

on the other hand....

I really don't follow anyone, but a quick google search says she does a fair amount of work.
or, at least has good SEO.
if you think it will work for you and your area, I say go for it. Never know whats going to work until you try it.
She is pretty famous. Not only for her brand, but for her class "28 days with Sue" on creative live and other teaching gigs.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back