(updated) Model call flier C&C requested.

ok so...im a little on the fence with the whole "before and after" thing...
I understand the concept, and I see where you want to show people the difference between a "snapshot" of them, and an actual "portrait" of them.
on the other hand....
It kinda reads like a weight loss brochure.
Agree, and it isn't actually 'before' and 'after'. There's a LOT of stupid in this world, and I'd lay even odds that if you post that, you'll get someone wanting you to turn a snapshot into a portrait. I've watched a few of Sue's classes and she's a good photographer and an outstanding marketer, but I'm not sure she'd advocate the use of 'before' and 'after'. 'Amateur' and 'Professional'? Sure... 'Snapshot' and 'Portrait'? Without a doubt, but 'before' and 'after'? Not so much. The concept is excellent, the execution, IMO, needs a little refinement.

I understand the concept, and I see where you want to show people the difference between a "snapshot" of them, and an actual "portrait" of them.
on the other hand....
Agree, and it isn't actually 'before' and 'after'. There's a LOT of stupid in this world, and I'd lay even odds that if you post that, you'll get someone wanting you to turn a snapshot into a portrait. I've watched a few of Sue's classes and she's a good photographer and an outstanding marketer, but I'm not sure she'd advocate the use of 'before' and 'after'. 'Amateur' and 'Professional'? Sure... 'Snapshot' and 'Portrait'? Without a doubt, but 'before' and 'after'? Not so much. The concept is excellent, the execution, IMO, needs a little refinement.
Actually, she does. If you join the FB Group in bed with Sue (which she stays active on) and a few videos she has up on YouTube, she does advocate before and after shots. She even has an entire page on her website with her own.
(This May not be true for her new website- she revamped it within the last month)
According to what I remember her saying (I can't remember the exact video) The before shot SHOULD be taken when the client comes in, before hair and makeup in "regular" lighting. Fact and body to camera.

So no, these aren't perfect b/a's but, I will make sure to start taking the before correctly so I can modify it in the future once I have more to choose from.

on the other hand....
Actually, she does. If you join the FB Group in bed with Sue (which she stays active on) and a few videos she has up on YouTube, she does advocate before and after shots. She even has an entire page on her website with her own.
(This May not be true for her new website- she revamped it within the last month)
According to what I remember her saying (I can't remember the exact video) The before shot SHOULD be taken when the client comes in, before hair and makeup in "regular" lighting. Fact and body to camera.

So no, these aren't perfect b/a's but, I will make sure to start taking the before correctly so I can modify it in the future once I have more to choose from.
In that sense, I agree.

I like the second flyer's text, but the typeface might look a bit difficult to read on FB. Script fonts are not high on readability. If you do want "reach" on this, you would be wise to pay to promote this on Facwbook. Otherwise...like six people will ever see this...

I like the second flyer's text, but the typeface might look a bit difficult to read on FB. Script fonts are not high on readability. If you do want "reach" on this, you would be wise to pay to promote this on Facwbook. Otherwise...like six people will ever see this...
Thanks! I actually changed the final copy a bit! Luckily, I posted this to a specific group so I didn't need to worry about promoting it!

for whatever its worth, here is the final copy I posted this morning. I have already received messages from 5 ladies who are interested, and one who "might be" interested!

Attachments

• flier4.jpg
    flier4.jpg
    374.5 KB · Views: 153

Most reactions

New Topics

Back