Upgrade lens or body??

A 5D MKII is a FF digital camera...hmmm...ff...like 35mm film...and 35mm film cameras were never used to shoot sports...and 8FPS was so important to those photographers...hmmmm....looks like some one is trying to make excuses that they need a camera with certain abilities to make up for their lack of skills.

Ahahahahahaha!

Are you mad lol? You are really losing your cool here. :lol:

Remember I warned you. :lmao:

You have resorted to making ridiculous statements (like the above) in a desperate attempt to keep arguing a flawed position.

This can only go straight down the toilet from here. Not like it hasn’t already though.

I am done discussing this with you.

Good day Sir...

Losing my cool? Not at all, sir. I just don't see how you're so blind as to see that people have been getting those shots with cameras that didn't have the 7D's AF and FPS. The XXD series was considered a good sports camera and they have about the same AF as in a 5D MKII, iirc.

You're refusing to admit that pray and spray is a tactic that a real photographer wouldn't use. You're done discussing this because you don't have anything else to say besides you depend on FPS over skill?

A 5D MKII is a FF digital camera...hmmm...ff...like 35mm film...and 35mm film cameras were never used to shoot sports...and 8FPS was so important to those photographers...hmmmm....looks like some one is trying to make excuses that they need a camera with certain abilities to make up for their lack of skills.
8FPS isnt "important" in getting the right shot, it just helps in not missing the shot when you try and get it. Are you saying you get your shots right on every damn time? FF is nice and all but the light gathering ability isn't always required. Sometimes the crop bodies help with filling the subject in the frame.

Not every damn time, but after using cameras with at least 5 FPS, I find it much easier to watch what's going on and taking the photo at that critical time rather than holding down the camera button and hoping that the focusing can keep up with the FPS to catch an acceptable photo out of the 10-20 that were just taken.

Like in my flaming guitar shoot. I got the photo as the guitar smashed into the ground and you can see the air from the impact pushing the flames out along the ground. Or like when shooting skateboard photos and timing it just right. Or when shooting portraits that require timing.

I guess not being able to afford a set of lights that will shoot consistantly at 4+ FPS kind of forces you to have good timing.
My point is, you dont have to actually take 8 shots. You can take 2-3 but it helps to more likely get THEE shot, if you have 3 to choose from, that are similar, but different. In surfing with short boards, they are pretty fast going up and down the waves, and sometimes they do tricks and spins and whatnot, and they do them fairly fast, and its hard to get the right shot if you just happen to get a splash of water in the wrong spot covering his face, or it just doesnt look right. It helps to get multiple shots to get the water and the wave and the surfer just to look right. Sometimes the surfer themselves are just in weird positions and doesn't look natural when doing their tricks.

Sure, you can get an excellent shot with 1 FPS, but you COULD possibly get an even better shot, a split second after your first shot, but you will never know, because you didn't take the second shot.

8FPS is also kind of cool when trying to make images like this:

flipflopz.jpg

Collected from 13 images shot at 8fps of the Blue Angels doing a diamond roll at the Miramar Air Show last Sunday. :)

8FPS is also kind of cool when trying to make images like this:

Collected from 13 images shot at 8fps of the Blue Angels doing a diamond roll at the Miramar Air Show last Sunday. :)

Wow that’s pretty cool Matt.

I was in the Navy for 8 years but never saw them.

I did see the Thunderbirds last year though.

Since I work at the Air Terminal, I worked the C-17s that brought in all their support people and gear too.

They had a tool trailer that had chrome rims, low profile tires, and an automotive quality paint job lol. Thing was ballin yo.

If you saw the regular ones, you would think that’s hilarious. They are matte green and ugly as sin.

- Neil

I live about 5 minutes south of Miramar, so even if I don't go to the air show, I see them turning around above my house a couple times a year LOL. But yeah, they've gotta be some of the best and most talented pilots I've ever seen. Never in the service myself, but my dad served in the Navy for a while long before I was born.

My point is, you dont have to actually take 8 shots. You can take 2-3 but it helps to more likely get THEE shot, if you have 3 to choose from, that are similar, but different.

Sure, you can get an excellent shot with 1 FPS, but you COULD possibly get an even better shot, a split second after your first shot, but you will never know, because you didn't take the second shot.

This is actually how I shoot most of the time when I shoot in high speed mode (the above shot is actually a rare exception). Short bursts of 2-4 shots. I find it helps quite a bit in giving options and choices in fast action. Even if they are only slightly different, I can pick the one that works the best rather than settling for whatever was in the single shot.

Most reactions

Back