Upgrade Question

GregT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all!

Been lurking on here for a while and have finally joined. I've gotten back into photography recently after not seriously shooting for a few years. I'm due for an upgrade, and I'm looking at Canon cameras. I started out shooting on Nikon, and currently own an old D40x, which I've outgrown. I am looking to switch to Canon, as I have a few friends that shoot with them and I've had a chance to play with the cameras, and I'm impressed. Also for the stuff I'm shooting, (Action sports, motorsports/racing) it seems like Canon fit the bill a little better than Nikon, as far as features and performance goes.

My question is I'm looking at the 7D as my upgrade option, as its an affordable camera with good features (i'd consider the 5D3 but I am on a bit of a budget and switching brands means buying new lenses as well...), but looking at age of the camera it would seem like the 7D is getting (kind of?) old...I don't want to fork over money for the camera and have Canon release the upgrade right after....For all you people who know Canon's trends more than I, do you think that is in the near future, and should I wait? Or am I just being paranoid?

It would seem that the 7d is due for replacement but there is no word yet. If it does get replaced the new model will likely be much more expensive than the current one. It may be worth waiting for, but chances are you could bag a second hand one now for good money. I would seriously look at the Nixon d300s before jumping if you have a few Nikon lenses

Most reactions

Back