Urban Glory

skiboarder72

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.joshjonesphoto.com
So I finally got some time to spend with my new camera... this thing is absolutely amazing. I took these by high falls downtown Rochester, NY and a lot of them are basically right off the camera (no HDR's or any of that crap). I'm really proud of them, I think they are some of my best shots ever. Took these primarily with my 18-200mm VR and my 10-20mm. Let me know what you think! Feedback/tips appreciated.

dsc0875sb7.jpg

dsc0797ka7.jpg

dsc0755xg5.jpg

dsc0843ld2.jpg

dsc08642hw7.jpg

dsc0813zh0.jpg

dsc0770eu3.jpg

dsc0760zw4.jpg

dsc07741up2.jpg

dsc08792jm2.jpg

dsc0804ej7.jpg

dsc0889ir9.jpg

dsc0849dh3.jpg

dsc0878cyf2.jpg

Nice series. Some of the shots, especially some of the car shots aren't as "finished" as some of your other car photography. Good use of the wide angle, I really need a wider lens! Hopefully I'll get some pics up of this shoot by this weekend.

Like that lens dontcha, its an awesome piece of glass. And i think you really pushed its ability by really getting that wide angle affect, but avoiding noticeable distortion.

So overall just awesome shots!

#1 is killer, any sort of filter on 1?

Hmm.. is that building in #3 the Water Street Music Hall? Looks eerily familiar... but it has been over 12 years since I last entered that place. ;)

ttfn
CDL.

#1 is killer, any sort of filter on 1?

Nope, that one was straight off the camera actually... vivid setting.

Hmm.. is that building in #3 the Water Street Music Hall? Looks eerily familiar... but it has been over 12 years since I last entered that place. ;)

ttfn
CDL.

Very close to it, wow thats crazy you remember!

Thanks guys!

nice collection man.. first one is my fav and the next is the third one down adn the second to last one.. like how u keep using your car as a model, maybe i'll take some of those tonihgt, i just don't haev a city to use... a couple of the photos do seem a bit dirty though, or glare spots...

nice collection man.. first one is my fav and the next is the third one down adn the second to last one.. like how u keep using your car as a model, maybe i'll take some of those tonihgt, i just don't haev a city to use... a couple of the photos do seem a bit dirty though, or glare spots...

its about time you replied man... haha ya, there aren't a lot of interesting things to photograph around so i end up using it as a model a lot

Those are some awesome shots. I took some like that near Milwaukee and I only wish my sky looked that good! Great shots. did you use a filter by chance or did I miss that?

Most reactions

Back