Used cameras?

I'm not sure I would say don't get the 40D, I mean the 50D does have it's advantages, but are they worth it? especially when you can still get the 40D for a fair amount less. I dunno.

As far as upgrading from the xti, that all depends. For both the 50d and the 40d the IQ won't be much better than the XTi. That being said, the options, build quality ease of use etc (for various functions). are much better with the xxD series.

I know you said you're set on Canon, but in my opinion the Nikon D90 is a direct competitor for the 50D, and you can find it brand new for just a little over $800. You wouldn't have to worry about getting a used camera.

I'm not sure I would say don't get the 40D, I mean the 50D does have it's advantages, but are they worth it? especially when you can still get the 40D for a fair amount less. I dunno.

As far as upgrading from the xti, that all depends. For both the 50d and the 40d the IQ won't be much better than the XTi. That being said, the options, build quality ease of use etc (for various functions). are much better with the xxD series.

That's what I was wondering about -- the IQ. The features on the 40/50d are nicer, for sure; but my question was mostly aimed at pic quality issues.

So like most budding photogs, I want it all. But I think for now, for me, money spent on lenses is better than money spent on a new body. I'll probably wait until next summer to pick up the 50D (or something comparable). Unless someone on the board wants to buy a used xti for $900 :)

I went to a camera shop today. I LOVE the Canon D90. God the choices, its so difficult.

I have been searching for hours for that camera and still can't find it... must have been a limited edition or something.

possibly a collaboration to finally end the eternal debate.

The Canon D90... the be-all end-all of cameras ;)

I'm a moron, I mean Nikon D90. Why did I say Canon. Crap. It's a sign.

If you love the D90 I would imagine it has to do with the ergonomics? If you haven't purchased any gear yet that is actually a great way to decide between Canon/Nikon. They are both excellent brands and if one fits your hand better than the other then it will be much more comfortable during a shoot that lasts hours.

Plus the D90 has amazing low light performance especially for the price.

I like the D90 beacuse it has 4.5 frames per second, I really like the D300S at 7 frames per second. Realistically I can't pay for that right now. So, I think I'll go with the D90, save up for a few months, then get a really nice lens.

I own and shoot Canon based on MY needs, but I would offer that Wally World is currently selling the Nikon D90 with lens for 1099 (+ shipping over the web) - a tiny bit over your budget, but then again it's new w/a new camera warranty, etc. Check around, I suspect if they are selling at 1100, others are as well, or will match their price.

I like the D90 beacuse it has 4.5 frames per second, I really like the D300S at 7 frames per second. Realistically I can't pay for that right now. So, I think I'll go with the D90, save up for a few months, then get a really nice lens.

If that is a primary concern the 50D has 6.3fps and the 40D has 6.5fps.

Wow, okay...didn't know that. Hmmm....the frames per second is important to me because I will be shooting dogs donig agility. Running through equipment in just 30-60 seconds. It happens, really fast.

I really wouldn't recommend using a place like total pro digital. When you go to their main page the "verified by visa" "mastercard secure code" etc. are not real buttons. They just lead you back to the main site (actually they are all lumped as one button).

Seeing this I would be surprised if it's not some sort of bait and switch shop which is exceptionally common.

Edit: Nate beat me to it :lol:

Careful... do some research before buying, a lot of these sites are scam sites and will try and get you to buy other stuff (at inflated prices) with your order, if you say no they'll more than likely tell you the item is out of stock or backorder, etc.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back