Used vs New, what to look for?

Can I ask one more question?

So, one feature of this camera I like is the built in auto-focus motor. Does this mean it will work with any Nikon mount auto-focus lens, new or old? In other words, if I just search BH Photo for Nikon mount, any auto-focus lens will focus. Correct?

I thought that's what I have read, but don't want any surprises. I heard FX lens will still mount, but won't look/react the same, and any AF lens or AF-S lenses will work.

Yes, it'll be able to focus older non-afs lenses. I don't understand the 2nd part of your question.. about FX lenses not looking/reacting the same, unless you just mean the crop factor.. (focal length + 1.5) example, 50mm will have a 75mm equivalent on a crop sensor.

That is what I meant, with one exception, which I already know the answer to, I think. Example - if you're using an FX fisheye with 150 degree viewing range, a DX sensor would see only 120 degrees or so, with less distortion from the wide angles. (I don't know what actual numbers are, just putting together an example.)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back