User Group for Rude Members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianV

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
There is a small minority of members here that appear to view new members as targets. In the few months that I've been here, the same few seem to attack new members posting in the beginner's forum. For whatever reason, these members are not banned. Several of the members that they insulted left the forum.

Two threads in the beginners forum that went downhill fast, the most recent was just outright mean- aimed at a new member. Several of the most offensive posts have been deleted by the Moderator after I complained about them.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/photography-beginners-forum/322679-one-started-all.html
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/photography-beginners-forum/317429-shooting-raw.html

The entire forum would be banned.

Given the attacks by a small percentage of members on threads posted in the Beginner section, it would be easier to create a user group that is NOT allowed to post in the beginner forum and move repeat offenders to that group.
By all means, submit a suggestion in the Forum Feedback & Suggestions forum.

As a stop-gap measure before banning these repeat offenders, I am suggesting that a new user group be formed that bars access to the beginners forum, and other forums where basic assistance is requested. This will be similar to the user group that allows access to the Nude forum. There are plenty of helpful members here that will be happy to assist new members asking questions. As it is, new members to this forum seem to be open targets for insults.

Great idea!! Most beginners do not need to be belittled for not knowing something. I have watched this for a long time and I think it is a shame that others on here would insult them. I witness this yesterday when someone was made fun of about their avatar, and I know her feelings were hurt but the mocking continued. The nubes are only trying to learn and improve their skills.

Great idea, but the 'rude members' would need to be restricted to said forum. That way, they can be rude only to each other.

Kinda like "Go sit in the corner with all the other naughty children!"

Great idea, but the 'rude members' would need to be restricted to said forum. That way, they can be rude only to each other.

Kinda like "Go sit in the corner with all the other naughty children!"

And that would be the best section on the whole site.

Only if I get to pick the RESTRICTED members! Mully and Sparky.. you guys are TOAST! ;)

Not sure how it happened, or when, but the thread linked to above, "the one that started it all", has had the original, insulting comments about the OP's avatar removed...the snide comments I recall seeing about her avatar, by one member, are no longer attributed to that member, and there's no visible sign of editing or moderating...not that it's important, but just wanted to point that out...

So you guys are saying that I should just go ahead and leave? That's cool with me - I've done it before, I can do it again.

I don't want to be somewhere that I'm not wanted...

I am one of those who judges people by their avatars. I couldn't stand looking at Tylers old avatar (I like his new one BTW) but, I love mishele's. There is an avatar of a person on here similar to a guy who raped a close friend of mine and I had to block him. All of this may very well be foolish yes but, for me an avatar does say something about you. I'm not saying that the attacks were right how they were done but, none the less an avatar represents you.

I am one of those who judges people by their avatars. I couldn't stand looking at Tylers old avatar (I like his new one BTW) but, I love mishele's. There is an avatar of a person on here similar to a guy who raped a close friend of mine and I had to block him. All of this may very well be foolish yes but, for me an avatar does say something about you. I'm not saying that the attacks were right how they were done but, none the less an avatar represents you.

I am more handsome than in my avatar.

@ runnah To me your avatar is fun and friendly! :thumbup:

I'm not sure about that... That avatar is pretty hard to beat.

Hat was wrong with my old avatar? You didn't like Fifty Bieber?

I'm not sure about that... That avatar is pretty hard to beat.

Why do you insist on attacking the new members? That's not nice!:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back