User Group for Rude Members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok honestly guys time to stop the discussion about avatars. We are not about to start policing avatars under their own rules separate from image posts on the forum itself. Avatars come under the same rules as regular photos and that is as far as we are going to take it. If you have issues with avatars and seeing them you can go to your settings option - go to general forum settings on the left hand menu and then you can scroll down to select the option to hide all avatars. For those who find that seeing an avatar interferers with their use of the site that is the best action.

As for rude members we are willing to listen to user ideas but if this thread devolves into an attack thread it will be locked as per normal. Lets not get side tracked into specific examples.

For those who find that seeing an avatar interferers with their use of the site that is the best action.

I don't think anyone was actually suggesting that seeing an avatar was in any way interfering with experiencing the forum. If what I said came off that way, it wasn't what I meant. Quite the opposite, actually.

I'm with that, as long as they don't have to be black

Where is Erose and her duckface avatar when we need her?!

RIGHT HERE.

576545_589298339957_1822093828_n.jpg

Well, we have been called out as being "rude" members of the forum... lol

Personally, I don't care. I feel that with 12,000+ posts, I have done more good than harm. You don't have the post count to stand on. :lol:

If the forum decides that I should go away, I will go away...

Personally, I don't see what the big deal is...

I use to just do a lot more lurking.

As a stop-gap measure before banning these repeat offenders, I am suggesting that a new user group be formed that bars access to the beginners forum, and other forums where basic assistance is requested. This will be similar to the user group that allows access to the Nude forum. There are plenty of helpful members here that will be happy to assist new members asking questions. As it is, new members to this forum seem to be open targets for insults.

The core problem to this is that there is no area that beginners cannot use (even the subscribers section and nude/NSFW/Adult forum). It would be a user group that would limit them to nothing on the site.

The way that we generally aim to cure disruption in the manner that has been outlined is to lead by example. To generally aim to ensure that moderators remain respectful and to hope that the membership follows. The best way to show that some behaviour is not tolerated or suitable is to show suitable behaviour yourself. If you allow yourself to get drawn into fights (even if in good cause) then all you do is reinforce the disruptive behaviour (heck already this thread is mild off topic from the original).

We can't ensure that everyone has the same voice nor the same opinions (indeed to do so would be childish to even attempt to try and would kill the forum). What we aim is to try and ensure that members treat each other with respect no matter how "good" they are at photography. It's a difficult path at times - and some buzzword topics have come to our attention as causing disruption (most also cause disruption on other sites - wedding photography is a prime example of this matter and TPF is not alone in that it can cause problems and emotions to run high).

*ps typing all this is a nightmare when a cat is licking your fingers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back