User Group for Rude Members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any time anyone comments on my stuff in a way I'm not happy with, I go look at THEIR images... do their images suck?

This is why I lurked on the forum for the first few months I joined. I created a sort of list to determine who's opinions held water and who to take with salt.

Lol Manabunny you forgot selective coloring is a no no.

LOL Here's a question for you. What if your client ASKS for it? I have had that happen before. I shot a wedding about 4 years ago and the guy blatantly ASKED me to selectively color some of the photographs (In a few of them, he wanted nothing but the red in the roses to show).

I have NEVER been a fan of selective coloring. However, I didn't have a problem doing them when I was asked.

So, here's my questions. Do you do it, or do you discourage your client to go that route, and offer an alternative solution?

... massive stampede to said section. ...

Of course, knowing Mischele (kinda), it probably won't be what the eager throngs may be expecting... :lol:

Being Canadian, I would think you would be bored of seeing beaver.

The toothed kind - well that depends. If they show up in your favourite stream, then they usually mean trouble. And if you're thinking about the non-toothed kind, well they usually mean trouble as well. :biggrin:

- returns from nudie section feeling deeply cheated -

You lie. You lie!

There...
Oh, wth, I'll post it here...
Hairless_Beaver-ubnvm3-d_zps68b4c5fa.jpg

- returns from nudie section feeling deeply cheated -

Chris, by now you know that the "smart" woman let's you think you're seeing more than she is revealing. Most women know the game. Most men (and wood-be men, and that wasn't a typo ;) ) don't. But it is entertaining to watch.

<-------------- I couldn't help myself... I had to do the beret too.

Uh oh. I feel a trademark infringement lawsuit coming on. Quick, who's got the popcorn?

LOL Here's a question for you. What if your client ASKS for it? I have had that happen before. I shot a wedding about 4 years ago and the guy blatantly ASKED me to selectively color some of the photographs (In a few of them, he wanted nothing but the red in the roses to show).

I have NEVER been a fan of selective coloring. However, I didn't have a problem doing them when I was asked.

So, here's my questions. Do you do it, or do you discourage your client to go that route, and offer an alternative solution?

Lol I have no clients except my dog, pine cones, and rocks. But hypothetically my argument if you are being paid to do it and the client/customer likes it hey why not?

Just from what people post here many of the seasoned people(not moi) dislike it because it's done incorrectly (from what I've read). Or it looks horrendous like you would see on "You Are Not a Photographer" website.

Wow. Been offline most of the day and I have to log in and read this...about that thread, from that particular new member. I'm so disappointed in a few of you. :thumbdown:

I can't believe Rachael even bothers to respond to some of you, but she is proving herself to be a classy young lady.

So, to the OP of this thread: it's not a particularly bad idea, but here is how I'm going to roll with it: I'm just going to dish out infractions to anyone who violates the posted TPF guidelines regarding member behavior. It works like this: when you reach a certain number of infractions, you get a temporary ban from the forum. When you get a certain number of temp bans, it is assumed you don't really belong here, and you get permanently banned.

See? It's seriously easy. :goodvibe:

Lol Manabunny you forgot selective coloring is a no no.

If they're giving me green... I will shop clown-noses on them if they want. :lol:

That's part of my issue with the situation, though. Because, see, I wasn't learning anything. From Buckster, yes, and I even openly admitted later that I thought that all of those things pertained to the term I was speaking of, and I was wrong. I will go ahead and tell you. When I am wrong, I am certainly not afraid to admit I am. However, I'm talking about the dude that came in after that saying "You have to admit that it'd be better with the correction."

No, I didn't think it would. I have a decade and a half of Photoshop experience. If I really wanted to correct it, I certainly would have. I simply didn't want to, because I liked it the way it was. Which is where I'm going with this. It is my subjective thought that it looked good the way I had it. Not only mine, but several other members liked it that way also. He was one of two people that didn't. Therefore, he was in no position to down play my skill as a photographer simply because I did not correct the photograph's distortion.

Ahem... The thread train derailed about an hour ago.

Yes, Runnah I can see that I hit a nerve with him, so I am here to put this to bed.

It turns out, with Aaron you have to word things very cautiously or he may get offended. If I could go back in time, I would have worded my c&c on his Nashville Skyline photo like this "I see that you have some distortion in this picture, personally I think it would look better if that was corrected in post. Thank you for sharing this image."

How he took me saying "you have to admit, it would look better corrected" is the funny part to me. AAron - the really funny part is how you think by saying that I am "down playing your skill as a photographer. So incase you were unsure of what I thought was funny, you a million percent over analysing it, is funny to me.

To quote the bunny- "The point is not to get all offended because someone told you your buildings are warped. Who gives a ****? "

However I guess that is just your personality. So you can be the guy that reports posts to mods because they call you a noob and you can be the guy that likes photos better when it looks like the buildings are about to fall over, thats 100% ok. Thats just you being you.

As far as this thread goes, I am with the crowd that says basically the new members need to have or get some thick skin. Also, if you have any photo that you are posting, whether that be your avitar pic, or a pic you post for c&c, you have to understand people are going to give their opinion. If they dont like your duckface pose and call you on it, then either say "who cares what you think, I like my duckface" or change it. It really is as simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back