What's new

Various Shot different themes

lostcase_gib

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
341
Reaction score
0
Location
Gibraltar, Europe
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Quick one here... have a competition comin up (beginner section) on monday and i am going to submit these...

lemme know what you guys think!

thanks! C&C Welcome!

Enjoy!

Bud1.jpg


Love1.jpg


DoLab1.jpg
 
It would be nice to know what sections (within the competition) these are supposed to go in.

To my mind, only the first meets the requirements (any) technically, as it is nicely exposed and well contrasty, playing with DOF and without any distracting elements in the background.

The latter applies to the other two photos, as well, I know, but as to the second I feel that one's underexposed, and I am not fond of the light used, very one-directional and straight and yet too low. As was your POV, I feel - you photographed "up their noses", and that, plus particularly the male's facial expression, makes them look kind of silly. Sorry about that and sorry for being so frank.

The last tells me the least. Not even with the caption offered do I understand that one. I cannot see "thought", as I cannot see her eyes, and I feel that it is the eyes that are the windows to our souls, and in that also the "windows to our thoughts", as it were. One other "up her nose" photo from a very low POV, don't know why you chose that, you may have had a good reason for that (tell us, will you?), and she looks kind of wet and wild, as if this were part of the "trash the dress" session, maybe?
 
well the though one was actually a swinging acrobat so i didnt really have a choice on the POV lol

and it is an open theme... so anything goes really hahaha
thanks for ur comment! i always appreciate your comments!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom