Victoria

DomGatto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.gattostudios.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

These are some pictures of my girlfriend, Victoria. I was just in a picture-snapping mood.

I wish I had a tripod on me so that I could avoid using the flash, which washes out the colors.

P&S=Point and shoot camera...basically a simple camera meant to do nothing more than take pictures. No multitude of settings to fool with.

DOF=Depth of field. Basically how much of the image is in focus. It helps to create focus on a subject. The smallest aperture (highest f-stop) will create the largest depth of field(foreground and background in focus) while a larger aperture will create leave comparatively little in focus.

Flash doesn't necessarily wash out colors, you don't need a tripod to take photos when the light is low, rasie the iso or lower the aperture.

Since they are really just snaps, not much feed back that I can give other than the composition needs works.

Well, nice to see you in one of these then, Dom.
And Tori's pretty.
You might want to do some outdoor shooting with her one day?
So you can totally avoid using that on-camera flash?

If you've got any kind of questions on the abbreviations that float about TPF(which, of course, stands for ThePhotoForum), ask. It took me a while to get behind certain things on here, too.

Like P&S, which has been clarified by now, or DOF, which also has been clarified, but I struggled with USM for quite a while (standing for Unsharp Maks, which is a tool in PS, heehee, = (Adobe) Photoshop, making photos sharper, unlike its sound), and POV is point of view. Just to name the first few that spring to mind just now.

I've been trying to persuade her to model for me in outdoor shots, but she is a bit camerashy when it comes to actual shooting. I'll try and persuade her with something shiny, like a bracelet :D.

Thanks for clearing up the terminologies.

Most reactions

Back