Video Editing...

IgsEMT

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pictureperfectny.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I know this is a photo forum but need help with video editing so hoping someone knows how or can direct me where I can get the 411.
I'm using Vegas pro and/or Premier Pro. Need to do selective color.

This is the way I know how to do and it works fine:
Treat each frame as individual image and do it that way. PROBLEM is that at 30fpd with a 20second footage that's 600 +/- frames I need to go through. AND THAT IS A LOT of time to spend on home videos.

Thanks for your help!

Do you have After Effects ? there is an option in that thats real quick and easy but im not sure its in premire

Do you have After Effects ? there is an option in that thats real quick and easy but im not sure its in premire
I have an access to it; but never really looked into it one of those things where I judged the book by its color - AfterEffects I kind of wanted to do things DURING the editing :).
But please tell me.... :)

I have an access to it; but never really looked into it one of those things where I judged the book by its color - AfterEffects I kind of wanted to do things DURING the editing :).
But please tell me.... :)

Haha, After Effects is pretty complicated if you're new to it... kinda like the photoshop of still imaging but worse, IMO.

P.S. I think the name means the effects you add after the shooting ;)

Last edited:
Haha, After Effects is pretty complicated if you're new to it... kinda like the photoshop of still imaging but worse, IMO.

P.S. I think the name means the effects you add after the shooting ;-)
See, when it comes to video, I'm a virgin... ooh Maybe I should take my little camcorder and book a wedding job. (J/K I wouldn't have the audacity to do that) Ppl do that photo :D

THANKS Keith!!!

I think the effect you're looking for is color pass (premier pro), I found a quick tutorial but I'm sure if you dig a little deeper with that search you can find a better one. It seems to be what you're looking for but I'm not that familiar with premier so I can't be sure.

Adobe Premiere Tutorial - Color Pass

I think the effect you're looking for is color pass (premier pro), I found a quick tutorial but I'm sure if you dig a little deeper with that search you can find a better one. It seems to be what you're looking for but I'm not that familiar with premier so I can't be sure.

Adobe Premiere Tutorial - Color Pass

GOT IT, THANKS!!!

P.S. I think the name means the effects you add after the shooting ;-)
See, when it comes to video, I'm a virgin... ooh Maybe I should take my little camcorder and book a wedding job. (J/K I wouldn't have the audacity to do that) Ppl do that photo :D

THANKS Keith!!!

I know exactly what you mean, IgsEMT. The video forums have some of those same people who think like that. I am scared to death to even think about shooting a wedding, photo or video. When friends or family ask I not only say NO but I add H*** in front of the NO.

I know exactly what you mean, IgsEMT. The video forums have some of those same people who think like that. I am scared to death to even think about shooting a wedding, photo or video. When friends or family ask I not only say NO but I add H*** in front of the NO.
REALLY?! I thought only photo end of industry got messed up with shoot on green for little cash :D

I think it is because digital has made so many "automatic" settings for photo and video that everyone thinks they can shoot anything. I don't think people realize how little they know until they get into it and start learning.
I didn't realize how much there was to learn not just about taking the photo but how much you have to know about what to do to get ready for the shot and what to do with the photo after you hit the button and before you give it to the customer until I started on this forum.
You could spend a lifetime learning to do photography as a business. I had no idea. I actually thought I was getting pretty good till I started reading. Now I realize I know almost nothing. ( I think I was happier when I was ignorant. lol)
Sorry for the rant and for hijacking the thread.

Sorry for the rant and for hijacking the thread.
:lmao:Don't be sorry, this is a market place of ideas.
RANT ON AND LET IT OUT HOMES!!!!!!

yea AE is pretty useless, its a watered down version of flame and the stuff quantel offer

Here is the link to the DVINfo video forum I belong to. I bet you can do a search once you get there and get your answer.
What Happens in Vegas... Forum at DVinfo.net

and...

here is the link to a guy who has a bunch of tutorials on YouTube l on color replacement that you might be able to modify and get the effect you want

http://www.youtube.com/user/techtopiae

I will second Keith that DVInfo.net is the place to be if you want to know more about video. Has found tons of information there.

Most reactions

Back