video newb

exercion

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm sure this is a dumb question, but I am just starting to work with the video on my 5D Mark 2. I shot some video with the camera in portrait orientation, so now my video is sideways. How do I correct this? I have PS CS6, Windows Movie Maker, Pinnacle, and of course the Canon utilities. A second question is how does one convert the video files to a wmv format?

Thanks,
Eric

In PS CC(2014) you just bring up the video in Movie Mode, apply a 90 degree turn to the picture and then publish to the format you need.
They really have made the video in PS CC very useful. You can apply filters and adjustments to all or part of the video, really kinda neat.

Thanks a lot!

I have the Samsung phone and video I have shot is upside down and can't be turned on my computer? Truthfully, I haven't tried putting it into my PSE 11 or Premier elements yet. Will that work for turning it?

I have the Samsung phone and video I have shot is upside down and can't be turned on my computer? Truthfully, I haven't tried putting it into my PSE 11 or Premier elements yet. Will that work for turning it?

Are you left handed by chance? My daughter is left handed and when I transferred her videos from her cell phone they were all upside down. We figured it out, she rotates her phone opposite from a right handed person (me) to shoot video.

I do not have PrEl anymore, but found this how to flip video Adobe Help:
This is the same method in PrPro, but in Elements they now have the Motion properties buried.
Reposition scale or rotate clipswith the Motion effect

I'm sure this is a dumb question, but I am just starting to work with the video on my 5D Mark 2. I shot some video with the camera in portrait orientation, so now my video is sideways. How do I correct this? I have PS CS6, Windows Movie Maker, Pinnacle, and of course the Canon utilities. A second question is how does one convert the video files to a wmv format?

Thanks,
Eric

The problem with shooting video vertical is that you will now have black bars on both sides. When you place your video on a track you will then have to rotate & scale down so the top and bottom will not be cut off. This leaves black bars on each side. You could leave the black bars as is or place the video on track 2. On track 1 place the video again rotated & scaled up to fill the screen and lower the opacity and/or add a blur. This will fill the area, but adjust so it isn't competing with the video on track 2. Or, place a color matte on track 1.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back