Video of the new Canon EOD-1D Mark III firing off @ 10fps

ZyxKor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Awesome video of the new Canon EOD-1D Mark III firing off @ 10fps

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8h2AMllP0Y[/ame] :lovey:

i think someone already posted this....and it sounded like a machine gun i remember

I guess there are situations where such a frame rate helps.. as for me personally,I would not need it since I spend too much time thinking in between shots ... and I do not do much sports photography or papparazzi work.

Could be interesting though for creative photography to create series of quick moving objects.

BTW, I wonder if the shutter heats up at all from this. If it does, that would certainly reduce the shutter's lifetime.

too bad it can only do the 10fps burst for 110 or so frames, that gives you a nice 10 seconds of pictures, but I'd rather have a slower FPS rate (I know, you loose bragging rights) but allow it to shoot indefinitely.

too bad it can only do the 10fps burst for 110 or so frames, that gives you a nice 10 seconds of pictures, but I'd rather have a slower FPS rate (I know, you loose bragging rights) but allow it to shoot indefinitely.

You want a movie camera? :p

You want a movie camera? :p

haha, well movies do 29 fps.

my K10D does 3fps until the memory is full, and it is very useful if you arent sure when the action is going to happen but you know it will come and go quickly.

for example, in AZ I went shooting with my uncle, brother and dad, and with the 3 fps shooting I could just hold it down while they unloaded and got some nice shots with barrel smoke and ejected brass (3 in one of the shots even, not bad for semi auto).

with 5fps you'd capture more, and you wouldn't have a 10 second window, but rather until the card fills.

add this camera and the Sigma 200-500mm f2.8 lens you've got a sport photographer with a hernia. Or a WMD. :p

I would never use 10fps either... but still I want it for the same reason they climbed Everest... "because it's there" :lol:

BTW, I wonder if the shutter heats up at all from this. If it does, that would certainly reduce the shutter's lifetime.

not at all mate, the old film version the EOS 1V with booster drive was also 10fps and even the F1n (1984) was 14fps with the right motordrive http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/canonf1/html/canonf1nhighspeed.htm

Even the EOS3 was 7fps with the right batteries in the drive and that was tested for over 400,000 shutter operations by Chasseur d'Image magazine

not at all mate, the old film version the EOS 1V with booster drive was also 10fps and even the F1n (1984) was 14fps with the right motordrive ... tested for over 400,000 shutter operations by Chasseur d'Image magazine

I know about the boosted old cameras :)

But maybe their shutters were built more solid? I do not trust modern technology ;)

And wait ... 400,000 .. with 10 per second that makes 40,000 seconds, or better: 11 hours lifetime for the shutter in constant operation ... hmm, that is not really a long time :p

i believe the 1d3 is tested to have a shutter life of 300,000 cycles...

i don't see why you're complaining, most other dSLR's have a life of 1 or 2 hundred thousand...plus most photographers that use this type of camera are good enough to actually know when the action is about to occur...they aren't spray-and-prayers.

the 1d3 can also be put in a slow continuous shooting mode of 3 fps.

this ones pretty cool too. difference between the mark II and the Mark III FPS. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfZzmfjygwQ&mode=related&search[/ame]=

how could that even be useful? Even in fairly bright situations my camera only comes out with dark pictures due to fast shutter speeds. I imagine those shots are being fired off at like what............ 1/2000 or so?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back