What's new

Walk Through the Woods

amayax

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 27, 2017
Messages
59
Reaction score
25
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I decided to bring my camera during a lovely winter walk through the woods, and with the little knowlegde and even less experience I have, I went taking pictures. A few pictures came out pretty good and interesting I think, but as always, I love to learn so I love to hear your feedback. What works, what doesn't work, what to do different a next time, all kinds of feedback are welcome!
All are point, change settings and shoot. No further processing (yet).

1. Path of leaves
IMG_0226_zpsqmhobifw.jpg


2. Hanging on
IMG_0244_zpspgarizv6.jpg


3. New Life
IMG_0263_zpscn5itcis.jpg
 
You have good instincts for light. Keep playing with different perspectives to get a feel for which compositions work better. Sometimes a picture looks more interesting in our heads than it does on the screen, so it can be disappointing that something that looks really interesting through our eyes ends up looking a bit mundane in the image.

The light and the way the trees and leaves create leading lines towards the light is what makes that shot interesting. The perspective and shallow depth of field in the second works well, too. The third one may have benefited from a lower angle or a tighter crop to help isolate the cool fungus on top and to reduce the distraction of the cluttered background.
 
That indeed sounds very interesting to capture. As soon as the weather is nice again during one of my days off, I will head back and see if I can do that. Thanks for the advice!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom