What's new

Walking around the city and saw this... C&C please

Catchmo

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 25, 2012
Messages
15
Reaction score
1
Location
Chicago
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$8010967113_ee388ffcc8_k.webp $8010965903_a2556a09e8_k.webp
These are the first pictures I have submitted on this forum so please DON'T be kind. Let me have it!!!
 
First thing I would do is correct the perspective distortion. The second image is overexposed.
 
Second image could have used some artifice having been employed, areas of the clouds are blown out. Sparky already mentioned the distortion.

IMO landscapes can't just be photos of "landscapes" to be decent photos. You need to demonstrate an interesting subject or theme in a great landscape photo, and thats what makes them so difficult. When done "right" your taking the widest perspective possible, and yet still drawing focus to a specific subject.

Keep shootin!
 
thanks guys for the feedback. I think in the first picture there is definitely a specific subject matter and I have had others I've shown this to point it out without coaching. My subject is the Trump Tower in the middle and although it isn't the most prominent object I feel all the lines bring you to that building.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom