walking on the water

mentos_007

The Freshmaker!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
img_030b.jpg

does it "say" something???
ok, some details about the picture. Taken yesterday at night, when I was walking back home from the party. The guy standing there is my friend - o I know, I've just spoiled the mood of this photo - it is "posed" :) the building in the background is the city council. What do you think about this??

not sure what "it" says... but I say it's the BEST PHOTO I'VE EVER SEEN! :thumbup:
This is really amazing!!! Just my style! :D

totally awesome! :D

I think the picture conveys an atmosphere and a certain message. To me it represents imprisonment. The silouette of the man seems to be trapped by the water in the front and the fountains in the background. Also the lights seem to keep the silouette in some kind of "square" (marking the edges of the square). The building, the city council with its windows that almost look like they have bars, gives the impression of a prison.

At the same time this impression of imprisonment is resolved because the silouette is huge in comparison to the building's door and the lower half of the "square" is just a reflection. The silouettes head above the imaginary square adds to the resolving as the man seems to outgrow the "prison".

So yes, the picture conveys a lot, in my opinion. I like it very much. The only thing that irritates me is the little orange-brown dot in the upper right corner. A star, maybe, or an airplane? It keeps drawing my eye away from the picture itself, so I'd get rid of it. But on the whole I think it's a truly great shot.:thumbup: :D

I've never been able to read messages or 'hear' what pictures were trying to say, but I can tell you that is an excellent picture. Not only is the mood and composition spot on, you've captured perfectly what appears to be technically a VERY challenging exposure! Well done!

Excellent photograph, it held my attention longer then most. Im not quite sure what it's saying but I like the tone of voice in which its being said :)

pursuer said:
Excellent photograph, it held my attention longer then most. Im not quite sure what it's saying but I like the tone of voice in which its being said :)

My thoughts exactly. Well done!

Eric

Really nice shot, very well done. It doesnt matter if its posed or not, its the end result that matters neways, a band doesn't tell you how they wrote the music...

Thanks for sharing. :)

Jeff

doenoe said:
wow very nice, Mentos
Girl, you dont even need a dslr.......you are doing just fine...for real :)

hahhaha that's because I try to use my camera to the full... :)

Most reactions

Back