Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Photo 6

• Photo 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Two things come to mind.

1) It will turn away a lot of potential critics of your work by posting a link instead of selecting one or two of your favorite shots and linking them here.

2) I wasn't one of those. I clicked your link and looked around, but you've got SO MANY pictures that I had no idea where to begin.

I suggest going through your stuff, picking a few of the ones you're proud of, and posting them up here directly. Just my personal opinion, but I think you're much more likely to get a response that way.

Good luck!

:thumbup:

IMG%5D
IMG%5D
oliver.jpg

#1My cat Oliver, taken within 2hrs of owning the camera!

IMG%5D
IMG%5D
oliverblackandwhite.jpg

#2Same image with some photo editing

IMG%5D
IMG%5D
IMG_0078.jpg

#3 Silly cat! Action shot

IMG%5D
IMG%5D
eyecar.jpg

#4 More editing

IMG%5D
IMG%5D
ODM2008505.jpg

#5 Every year in may we go to a driving and get together with the car club we are in and almost every picture was taken in the car... not the best but i love them
IMG%5D

IMG%5D
ODM2008529.jpg

#6 Another from the same trip

IMG%5D
IMG%5D
ODM2008640.jpg

#7 Silly picture... I was hanging out the sunroof and him hanging out the window!

Let me know what you think!

Last edited:
yea way to much work for me to go through there, first because i dont know photobucket it took me 5 minutes just to find the pictures, because your link actually goes to a video.. and then once i found them.. well theres just to much to CC.. as BTilson suggested, pick a couple of your favs and post them.. you'll get better results that way.

Ok well I hope this is working and please vote on which photos you like!
You can vote for more than one if you want!

voting on an image isn't gonna help your technique any... it's simply going to inform you which image is less crap than the rest...

if you want to learn better... try posting a couple of images at a time and ask for a critique...

Im just going for anything I can get... I wanted to share somestuff and the poll is for a project that is why I wanted people to vote...

i gotta be honest, i'm really not a fan of any of them.. they are all snap shot looking to me.

Thank you for being honest but I knida want to know how #4 looks snap shot looking?

Here is my two cents, hope it helps:

1 the crop is to tight, it looks like it is crisp which is good but I would not have had the eye central in the picture.-sane goes for 2, plus not a huge fan of selective colouring in these kind of pictures-its good for practicing though

3-DOF is good, but subgect and composition doesnt really do anything for me. I think its because the cat is facing away from the picture.

4, too noisy and out of focus it seems-cool idea, but you need a better eye shot. try re shooting the eye with your ISO turned down and outside on a sunny day with a fast shutter speed

5, not keen on it the picture is dull looking (probably the weather) and the greens over saturated, also cant tell at this size really but it may be OOF

6, Ok for me this one works, although the picture is dull and has no WOW factor, I like the composition-how does it look Black and white?

7 yes itsa fun picture, but thats it I am afraid-its not sharp and the foregraound is distracting.

I hope you find this helpful, next time you have the car meet hopefully it wwill be a nice sunny day for you :)

The first few days were amazing and this is when we were like 5k+ feet in the air on a mountain so it got really foggie... #6 looks black and white from the fog... It is in color never been edited
All the pictures that I posted are ones from the first 4 months of me having my camera and I had'nt figured out all the settings yet :)
Oh and the best part about the Cat in b&w is because that is the real color of his eye lol which I though looked cool! Also the first cat picture was never edited...
With the eye I was going for having the eye out of focus and the car in...

Thanks for all the help :)... Soon I should have more recent photos up

Last edited:
playing with settings is a great way to learn-I still play and learn 6 months in to having my camera :)
Ya I have been doing a lot more of that recently. I have had it about a year now and I think I have gotten better, this sunday I am going to my Grandparents and they have a studio so I may try and take some pictures with correct lighting and all that...That way I will have a pro helping me out! lol

Most reactions

Back