WARNING: Not for the faint hearted! (7 Pics)

magicmonkey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well I did warn you, these are't the sort of photos you want young children looking at! I've been waiting to get some properly dark photos before making my debut on this thread.

With that said, here's some shots from my trip to the Pitt Rivers Museum today, all of the displays were behind glass and poorly lit so I had a lot of problems with flash reflections and points of view but here is the best I came up with...

Here's a shrunken head, it was about 2 inches tall! Possibly a sloth head apparrantely as sloths were used in place of real human heads sometimes.
Another%20Shrunken%20Head.jpg

Another shrunken head, about the same size but this one was definately a sloth. Makes you wonder who it was that thought to shrink a sloths head to see if it looked like someone he knew!
Shrunken%20Head.jpg

This is just a skull with some hair:
Hairy%20Skull.jpg

Painted skull, there are some markings on the forehead but I couldn't get an angle which would show them properly:
Red%20Skull.jpg

These 2 are just odd, it's human skin streched over a wooden frame with teeth and wooden skewers for 'decoration'. The head is attached to 2 large (3 foot ish) horns which I couldn't get into the frame due to a childrens party being thrown there at the time!
Old%20Head.jpg

Old%20Head%20Looking%20Up.jpg

Thanks for looking guys, I hope they match up to the darkside theme! C&C welcome as always.

WOW!! very interesting.. is it Albert Einstien on the 3rd pic.?? :D

cool stuff!... i'v been to one of these places, although i dont think it was the one in Oxford... looks like woody and chiller got to the guy in the last few pics :lol: ..... poor bastard..... very interesting series well done :thumbup:

emo said:
WOW!! very interesting.. is it Albert Einstien on the 3rd pic.?? :D

LOL, you can just see the theory of relativity etched in the back of the skull from the right angle!

thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated.

Pretty creepycool stuff. I can use these at Halloween.

I was wondering where all my heads went... see what happens when people make me mad. :)

Hmmm, is this what JM has to look forward to after his trip to Ye Olde Ice Cream Shoppe today?

Antarctican said:
Hmmm, is this what JM has to look forward to after his trip to Ye Olde Ice Cream Shoppe today?

I haven't decided about the shrunken head yet... but those spikes look interesting! :lmao:

Calliope said:
I haven't decided about the shrunken head yet... but those spikes look interesting! :lmao:

Maybe you should just shrink his shutter finger, that'd get him :wink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back