Washed out wedding........

AkainePSP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am not sure if I am in the right place to post so if I am not I apologize. Yesterday we went to a wedding and we took some photo's. They would be beautiful photo's had they not been standing in front of a white background and the sun not shining in. They are totally washed out. Is there any way to fix these or at least make them better than they are?

$IMG_1717.JPG$IMG_1672.JPG $IMG_1716.JPG

Last edited:
If you want to try and minimize flare you can increase contrast, but then they'll be darker so it's a tradeoff

Thanks for the info. We know better for next time.

Kelly

Try adjusting with shadow, highlght, exposure and contrast with your software. The adjustments won't make the photo perfect, but should help for just a personal keeper. I have used these settings on a few blown photos. Positive: learned from experience and good practicing with post work.

I am a relative beginner to photoshop but took a try at one of the pics

wedding by bs0604, on Flickr

Their skin has a bluish tint in that edit, likely because a blue ACR gradient was used.

Their facial masks are still badly under exposed, and the right side of his head is blown out. Perhaps using the Adjustment Brush to address the facial under exposure.

Edit - Nah! To much image noise from the severe under exposure.

Last edited:
I have Paint shop Pro X4 for editing and I haven't used it in so long I've forgotten everything. I have about 10-15 photo's I need to try and fix. It just stinks cause this is a day you never get back. But as previously stated it was a learning experience. I will try playing some more. Thanks everyone.

Maybe try black and white? You could at least have some OK snapshots for the web

$Untitled-1.jpg

Most reactions

Back