WASHINGTON DC MEETUP PHOTOS!!!!!

Ok, I've been asking Erik to post this one for a few days, but he hasn't gotten around to it, so finally he told me to post it for him.

This is a pic Erik took on Saturday at the Vietnam Memorial.

vietnamwall3SMALL.jpg

Nice one!!! I like his angle here, and the red coat looks great under the dreary sky we had that day. :thumbup:

Very nice job, Erik! Thanks for letting Corry post it so we could see.

Anyone who wants a hi res version of the group photo, please let me know, and PM me with an email address I can send it too that has enough space for a file that big. :D

core_17 said:
Ok, I've been asking Erik to post this one for a few days, but he hasn't gotten around to it, so finally he told me to post it for him.

This is a pic Erik took on Saturday at the Vietnam Memorial.

vietnamwall3SMALL.jpg

I think that might look cool with selective coloring...the classic bright red...I dunno

Great shot though!

I already thought about the selective coloring...only MY thoughts were more along the lines of PARTIALLY desaturating everything but the red coat kid.

core_17 said:
I already thought about the selective coloring...only MY thoughts were more along the lines of PARTIALLY desaturating everything but the red coat kid.
consider a vertical crop. On the right from arm of man in the dark cap & jacket to middle of the tree relation on the left

Jeff Canes said:
consider a vertical crop. On the right from arm of man in the dark cap & jacket to middle of the tree relation on the left

I never even thought of doing that! I'll mention it to him when I get home tonight.

The full crop WAS much bigger, and placed the child in direct center of the shot...I'd made the current crop suggestion, but the vertical crop may be even better...won't really know until we try! :D

Two more snapshot from Saturdays, took these with by Canon RF, my scanner is a really pain with color negatives, so I scanned the prints, the color right but they’re not very sharp

116-File3935copy.jpg

116-File3934-02.jpg

It's not too bad my picture is not quite sharp after the scanning process --- these days I quite like "soft" photos of myself, so all the lines (WRINKLES!) don't become so visible ;) ;) ;)
And I remember you taking this one in the food court of the Air and Space Museum.
Where are Terri's pics from her "one measly roll", after all?
Terri?
TERRI??
TERRI???

Funny you should ask! :mrgreen: I developed a roll the other night and just scanned a few from the negs yesterday. Sorry it took me awhile. :blushing:

These were all shot with Tmax 400 pushed to 3200, developed in TMax @ 75 degrees for 9.5 minutes.

This is the plaza of (I think!) the Museum of Natural History:

584-DCplaza1.jpg

The Spirit of St. Louis in the Air & Space Museum:

584-DCSpiritofStLouis.jpg

I'm not sure what they are but I liked them - from the Air & Space Museum:

584-DCAirSpacemuseum.jpg

One more:

584-DCAirSpace1.jpg

I call this one: "The Laughing Geek" This is Chase on the phone (with the Lensbaby):

584-ChaseinDC.jpg

And lastly, here is the "companion shot" of LaFoto and me doing "dueling cameras" - this is another with the Lensbaby:

584-CorinnainDC.jpg

I actually have another roll in the Isolette I've not yet developed. :blushing: So there may eventually be a couple more, we'll see!

Way cool! Take your time if the outcome is like this!
And I actually LIKE my photo of you taken with the Lensbaby! :D
And I like how you managed to kind of single out the planes in the Air and Space Museum! I am not sure this was easy to do...
The darkroom specifics don't tell me anything but maybe, who knows, eventually I might get to understand that "gibberish" :)oops: sorry, forgive me, forgive me!!!), too. :wink:

terri said:
I'm not sure what they are but I liked them - from the Air & Space Museum:

584-DCAirSpacemuseum.jpg

The solid colored one is the X-1, a rocket powered aircraft that Chuck Yeager used to breack the speed of sound for the first time.

The white one is Space Ship One which made the first civilian manned spaceflight last year.

The solid colored one is the X-1, a rocket powered aircraft that Chuck Yeager used to breack the speed of sound for the first time.

The white one is Space Ship One which made the first civilian manned spaceflight last year.
Cool! Thanks for telling me that. :thumbup: I'm sure there were plaques around telling what each one was - but it was VERY crowded in there and I had to do some "creative darting" just to get front & center. :lol:

Corinna, I'm pretty sure all the plane/rocket shots were done with my 85 mm (portrait) lens. Still a little distance away but it helped me to compose. Glad you like your LB shot! :)

Most reactions

Back