wasp portrait

scheffer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
my first wasp portrait. DOF could have been better, if only this baby wanted to sit still for a few more moments...

Please advise on any tricks you know to do this as I tried many times. Too often they just fly away. Guess I need a different aftershave? next time I will have to try with some honey or something else these little monsters may like.

enjoy,
Danny

Attachments

• $IMG_0301.jpg
    $IMG_0301.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 129
Honey apparently does work very well for attracting bugs - so do rotten apples (though the trick now is to get something other than the bum of the wasp as it drinks ;))
And that is one difficult shot you are after - that looks greater than 2:1 macro so either you are using a bellows or a lot of extension tubes of the MPE 65mm - regardless of kit such close shots are definatly not easy to get and many will fly away before you get a chance to shoot.
Depth of field is not too bad for such a close shot - the major distraction is hte cropped out eye on the right - but never easy when they move around so much

for some tips I recomend reading this blog - very good maco reading, especially if you are going greater than 1:1 macro:
http://nocroppingzone.blogspot.com/

Most reactions

New Topics

Back