water colour

JCphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I'd like to try printing a few of these, thought I'd see what you's think...

DSC_4615web.jpg

DSC_4640web.jpg

DSC_4735web.jpg

DSC_4744web.jpg

DSC_4636web.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I'd love to hear your favorite(s)!!

JC

WOW! These are bteath-takingly beautiful. You've created the illusion of 3-dimentionality.

Would you consider sharing your technique?

Two and three are my favorites, but I like them all! I would also love to hear how you did this! Great job!!!!! :mrgreen:

I might be totally wrong on this one but it looks to me like the photos are turned upside down?

Cool effect!

Great concept. Looks like cigarette smoke. Is that what it is?

Whoa. I do like 3!!!

In 3 the colours look like one-legged dancers! I really, really like that one best of all!

The effect is very cool, and it will look good as a painting, too, I am sure!

DSC_4617web.jpg

I hope that explains everything, its actually really easy to do. I could have used a whiter background, but my "studio equipment" is extremely limited (i later turned the lamp on the left towards the background for a brighter white). The only downside to this is having to go dump the water every 2 minutes, because you have to wait for all the bubbles to dissipate.

For those who may not know, I achieved these colours by inverting the images in PS.

Thanks everyone for your interest!

be careful its highly addictive!!

i like the idea, i might have to expand upon it and come back with results. giving you credit for the original idea of course

Wow...how simplistic. Live the idea.

Nice job. I always wanted to try something like thing. Love the colors! Thanks for posting the picture of your setup.

i have some UV paints that i am going to thin out and then drop into water like you have. but instead of regular lighting i will use a black light and just have a black piece of foam core for the background. just have to get enough time to set it all up and shoot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back