Water Droplet Splashes

SpaceNut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Clark Kent & I finally got together after a short break to try a few more experiments. These are photos of water droplets. We sprayed a substance in the water for photo #2 (that is why it appears to be on the grainy side). The residue was also present in #3. This is our first attempt and we have some perfecting to do. But we wanted to share some of our "1st" so far! C/C welcome & thanks for looking!

#1 Space Water Droplet

Space-water-droplet-9014.jpg

#2 Green Water Droplet Splash

Water-droplet---green.jpg

#3 Blue Water Droplet Splash

Water-droplet---blue.jpg

ooo pretty hahah
nice work those are sick =D

Inspired by TCimage's BLUE_WATER_DROPS I tried to photograph droplets yet again, but with only my one Speedlite (without cable, so it has to be on the camera) I cannot create light effects that are as dramatic as yours here are, and as TCimage's were when he did his own droplet session. Ah well...

I love the first two. Expecially the first one. #3 looks nice and abstract.

Ive always wanted to do some shots like these.

I really like the first one. It's spacey...

Thanks for the comments. This was our 1st day for this project. Both of us are eager to continue this project & hopefully from this "trial & run" day we will be able to do much better. Hope to post new photos soon.

As far as the droplet images are concerned they are good, and the second picture is top. But is it a lucky random shot or is it repeately capable shots?. Otherwise the chaos theory apllies here.

Can you repeat identical or near identical 2nd shot?

These are NOT random shots. We have several of which many are close to being identical to the above and we did not want to post identical shots. Most of our time is taken setting up and preparing for the shot. We take 1 photo at a time. But we were excited & wanted to post some photos right away. Thanks for the comment & question.

Well obviously they can't control where each droplet is going to go and the exact shapes they will form...but as Spacenut stated a lot of preparation and planning goes into the shots. I haven't done drops specifically but I have set up product shots with a light box and that involves some set up time and planning.

Nice job Spacenut. These are really good. Very creative. Now I am have to going to work hard- but plan to give you and Clark some competition. I don't have quite the imagination you guys do but I will think of something. Keep up the good work. Your photos are always a real treat.

what kind on lens do you use for this.
I am dying to try, but i dont think i can get i solid water drop shot with a stock D40 set up....can i?

anyways, i really like number 2

nice, i hope you put that light on the first one from my last comment cause thats exactly the effect i was wanting to see
:D good work

I used an 18-55mm lens for these particular shots. We are currently working on a different set-up and lighting. Hope to post some new photos within a couple of weeks after we get some of the kinks worked out. Thanks for the comments & questions.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back