Water treatment

Christie Photo

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.christiephoto.com
I really didn't know where to put this. Maybe we need a Commercial/Advertising gallery here.

Anyway... this is what I did yesterday. The layout called for the unit in back to be a bit soft.

Pete

System3i.jpg

Is that some kind of reflective fabric, that they are sitting on? Or some type of Cellophane or Mylar? I'm just guessing that it's supposed to simulate reflective water. Either way...it seems odd to me. And the bit of reflection creeping into the bottom seems out of place.

Just an idea here, but what about actually sitting them in a shallow pool of water and trying to get an actual ripple effect? Although, the more I think about it...the look that I have in my head is probably a heavily photo shopped image.

I like the idea of the units sitting in a little bit of water except perfectly still so there is "crystal clear" reflection of them. Gets across the idea a crystal clear treated water... Nice exposure here.

Big Mike said:
Is that some kind of reflective fabric, that they are sitting on? Or some type of Cellophane or Mylar?

BINGO! It's mylar. It's what I had on hand.

Yeah... I originally considered black plexi, but I had little time with the product. The part you can't see is all the wires that come from the bottom of this thing. I set up a table with a "false floor" sorta thing using foamcore. I cut a window for all the cords to pass through. I think electricity+water+me=bad news.

I had to show the product with the LCD lit. Again, I had about 4 hours to do this and one other view before the product was to be shipped. I didn't know the shot was coming until the day before.

I too was a bit concerned about the funky reflections, but they signed off on it, so that's another one done!

The image posted here is pretty much right from the camera. I did a bit of perpective correction and levels work.

Pete

Most reactions

Back