Waterways. China project

Bruggenwirth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello, this is my project I did in China. I travelled with Scott Conarroe, a Canadian photographer for my internship.
It's still expanding because I don't want it to be China only.. Europe too.

The project is about water, river to be specific. I've gotten great respect for mother Nature for having such a relentless force of nature. Even though rivers look calm and easy they are magnificant forces of nature.

You can view it right here in a good way.. but I would appreciate it if you visited my website: Jeroen Bruggenwirth | Photographer
I don't ask you to C&C on it as every individual photo, more like a project itself. So please read the description and let me know what you think.. If you'd like you can C&C every picture.. not needed though..

yellow-river-china-2012.jpg

trucks-at-river-2012.jpg

first-bend-yellow-river-2012.jpg

docked-boats-2012.jpg

big-bridge-panzhihua-2012.jpg

Enjoy,
Jeroen

Last edited:
Hi Jeroen, welcome to the forum. Maybe you can say more about yourself ? It should be done in Introduction section, but maybe mods can move it there. You probably want just introduce yourself. This part, Gallery, is mostly for comments & critique. Unless you want one ?

Jeroen, welcome to the Forum, you will find a lot of folks here to help you, but you do have to recognize that most folks comments will be to the point and will not (usually) be sugar-coated. Just to add to what timor has said. If you are looking for comments & critique, then a few things to think about; 1) let people know that is what you are looking for in your introduction to your posted images; 2) please number the images in your submissions as this makes it a lot easier for a reviewer to refer to them and he/she does not have to keep flipping back and forth to ensure that they have the right image for their comments. If they can comment on them by number, then it makes it easier for you to relate their comments to your images; 3) You will also get more C&C if you pick 3 to 5 or your images and post them, telling us what you like or don't like about them - most folks will balk at trying to provide meaningful C&C on 11 images. HTH.

WesternGuy

Well, if I have to be honest.. I wasn't really looking for every individual picture to be critized but more as a project itself. That's the way I work and I want to use this platform to show my work and make myself "famous" :p
I'm graduating this year so I'm trying to build up some good stuff around the globe. Maybe this is a good place.

I numbered the images and got down to the top 5. Hope you like it now :)

Given that the subject is supposed to be the river itself, in most of the photos above the river is secondary to the remainder of the shot.

#1 - The subject appears to be the sprawl of the city itself.
#2 - The subject appears to be the gravel yard
#3 - The subject appears to be the church in the center because the river (the subject) is cut off on the left
#4 - The subject appears to be the dichotomy of the old boats in the foreground versus the modern buildings in the background
#5 - The subject appears to be the bridge

While these are decent shots in their own right (a bit underexposed and lacking contrast but that could easily be this monitor at work) I don't feel that they don't portray the river itself as the main subject. The portray life along the river quite well, but not the river itself if that was your intent.

Last edited:
Pretty decent shots if you're a beginner but none of these shots strike me with anything special. If your project is about something, that something needs to stand out in your photos and in this case it just doesn't.

Isn't it just painful to be setup for these shots and then the Weather Gods duke all over you by giving you grey nothing? I think some interesting sky would really make these photos better.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back