Weather Sucks!

Here in No. Fla., it's been hitting about 95 deg with 60 - 100% humidity....and then, the obligatory afternoon thunderstorm.....

One of the reasons I'll never live in Florida again! :)

Temperatures here in suburban NY aren't as high but humidity definitely is higher, so even though we're having a relatively cool summer in terms of overall temps, the humidity still makes 83 degrees feel hot, muggy, and gross. And we've been having a lot of rain this summer, so it's muggy almost every day.

I hate summer. Hot and humid weather sucks every bit of energy out of me.

I have COPD, and as rough as it is here in the summer, when it hits 70 deg. I put on a jacket....when it hits 60 deg, I have trouble breathing....just can't get enough oxygen to survive when it gets cold....and yes, 60 is cold to me......lived in FL all my life.....

Sorry about the COPD :( But I get it - even without illness, some people just function better in hot weather. I'm not one of them. I was in Gainesville for college and everyone kept telling me I'd get so used to the heat that I would not be able to go back to cold. That never happened to me. In fact, I hated the heat even more by the time I left. Hated it so much that I busted my ass to graduate in 3.5 instead of 4 years. Of course, it's hard to say that I had to ever truly "deal" with the heat in a significant way because everything down there is air conditioned within an inch of its life. Which I loved, of course :)

Most reactions

Back