web resizing

mommyof4qteez

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am building my own website and was just curious what other photographers resize their images too for best quality on a website?

72 PPI and no more that 900 pixels on the longest side, saved to JPEG, at Quality value of 8.

Ok..this may be a dumb question, but does a higher quality (12) make it look more pixelated on the web?

No. Most recommend a level 10, baseline standard. Keith and John can give you more of the specifics as to why that is.
I size to 1000px on the long side. PPI doesn't matter. The image is 1000 pixels. If you print it to 10 inches it's going to look like crap. If you print it to 5 inches it will be mediocre/decent. If you print it to 3 inches it will be in full detail.

No. Most recommend a level 10, baseline standard. Keith and John can give you more of the specifics as to why that is.
I size to 1000px on the long side. PPI doesn't matter. The image is 1000 pixels. If you print it to 10 inches it's going to look like crap. If you print it to 5 inches it will be mediocre/decent. If you print it to 3 inches it will be in full detail.

"PPI doesn't matter"?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back