Wedding in the Future, need advice now....

I thought I'd stop back in and update this.

I now own a D700, SB-700, 50mm f1.8g, 24-70mm f2.8, Sigma 70-200mm f2.8, 105mm f2.8 and have a friend that will be giving some second shooter work. So everything is moving forward. Just gonna continue to learn and practice.

$jumpingSpider4.jpg

Just an example of one of my photos. I know its not a wedding.....

I wanted to stop back in and let you all know that I took the advice from this forum and continued to practice. I have had many small jobs that have turned out very well. I have even picked up a job as a second shooter and have built my skills up a ton just from working with him. Thank you all for your thoughts, concerns and opinions on my question. I will be doing a wedding on my own very soon and am very capable of doing the job now.

$DSC_5916.jpg$DSC_5144.jpg$DSC_5167.jpg$DSC_5186.jpg$DSC_5215.jpg$DSC_5231.jpg$DSC_5382.jpg$DSC_5897.jpg

Would love to hear your thoughts on these photos. This is my 3rd wedding as a second shooter. I think I am getting good results.

Last edited:
Also, if you have the money go to creativelive.com and order the Joe Buissink wedding seminar and the Zack and Jody wedding seminar. You don't have to do things exactly like they do but it will help you with your flat lighting. Good luck.

Thanks for the update! Your wedding set looks like some good, solid second-shooter work. #s 4, 5, and 6 would have benefitted from a reflector to bring some more light onto the subject's faces, or better yet an off-camera strobe which would have allowed you to reduce your background exposure and avoid the blown/nearly blown highlights. I also think greater use of the portrait aspect would have been good, but, overall, not bad!

Thanks for the update! Your wedding set looks like some good, solid second-shooter work. #s 4, 5, and 6 would have benefitted from a reflector to bring some more light onto the subject's faces, or better yet an off-camera strobe which would have allowed you to reduce your background exposure and avoid the blown/nearly blown highlights. I also think greater use of the portrait aspect would have been good, but, overall, not bad!

thanks for your thoughts. The trouble I have is that I am the second shooter. I don't really get to tell him how to shoot or what to use.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back