Weekly challenge: 4/27 - 5/3 The Shooting Blind Challenge

Untouched. I took this in Florida about a week ago but I knew I was doing this challenge so I took a few. Nikon Lite Touch AF600. Kodak Tmax 100, HC110 B.

Blind Shoot (1).jpg

Well, I didn't know koi carp were swimming in that pond and suddenly this whopper came up. So, wasn't prepared for something like this at all. Camera over the shoulder, of course no pola filter, because who thinks he will come across something like this koi fish, it happened a bit too quick for me. Fighting with the strap of my camera, I tried to bend slightly forward and kept the camera in the right direction, before I could take more than 2 (fast) photos, this yellow monster had already disappeared. But, in the end you're left with 2 images that go into the archives to never return again, so I tried a combination of both photos and by mirroring one it looks like it's about 2 koi carp while it's just the same fish.

View attachment 172399

(the originals, unfortunately no Pola filter with me to get rid of the reflection)
View attachment 172398

The sort of situation where you think oh crop

I had fun with this. I chose to use my widest lens...16-35 (shot at 16mm and f5.6) I wore my camera hanging at my hip on my black rapid strap so the only thing I did with these was flip them around right-side up...no cropping! I wish I had time to use a longer lens to get more of a challenge but I enjoyed this.

CK8A8167.jpg

CK8A8170.jpg

CK8A8178.jpg
CK8A8180.jpg

CK8A8199.jpg

Last edited:
My only attempt at this week's challenge, my two year-old grandson. In my defense shooting blind is tough enough, add in a rambunctious kid (as evidenced by the battle scars on his forehead) and it might be easier to get clear shots of bigfoot.
20190428_170846.jpg

This challenge took me out of my comfort zone today when I tried my hand at some street shots:

blind street 1 - 1.jpg

blind street 2 - 1.jpg

blind street 3 - 1.jpg

blind street 4 - 1.jpg

blind street 5 - 1.jpg

blind street 6 - 1.jpg

All have had some editing: B&W conversion, and trimming and cropping, etc.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back