Weekly challenge: 4/27 - 5/3 The Shooting Blind Challenge

This challenge has been like going back to school...

View attachment 172471

and has opened new doors and put a different view on things for me...

View attachment 172472

I've had loads of fun and learnt a lot.

Love the 2nd one.

Thanks, Cheryl.

Bit of a story to this shot: It's really only half blind I suppose. What I mean is, I took a couple of test shots (blind, of course) with the camera in full auto for one and in P mode for the other with the ISO set at 200 and using spot metering. Then I went in through the door on the right and asked Hans (that's the gent's name) to assist me for the final shot. We set the scene with Hans looking out the window (he chose his position himself and I asked him to stand at the angle he has in relation to the window). Then I set the camera for the P mode variant and took up a position in the corridor where I figured both doors would be in the frame and shot blind, holding the camera for a portrait shot somewhere about stomach/sternum level.

I missed this shot completely...
View attachment 172526
but even a bum shot has its charm!
Actually Fred, I think you caught it in an interesting manner.

Thanks, John. I played around with this for ages, cropping it this way and that and also straightening it. However, I just couldn't find what I wanted, so in the end I decided to do a little tidying up around the edges by using a 3x5 crop and to leave the heavy slanting alone: the impression I get is that the guy with the builder's bottom has caused the seat to fly up as he sat down :)

blind photographer - 1.jpg

A fellow photographer from the hip as we exchanged good-mornings.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back