Weekly challenge 4/3 - 4/16 Spring has sprung! EXTENDED

Visited Arlington National Cemetery today on behalf of a friend in Colorado who has never seen where her Grandfather was laid to rest in 2020 in the main columbarium and my wife who is not able to visit her Father who is just 50 feet away: small world.

Budding trees:

AncRs1.jpg

I got to thinking after I shot this that if that road extended through the cemetery and Ft Myer for just 2 miles, I could walk home.

Flowers everywhere.

AncRs2.jpg

This is a North Carolina House Finch. I saw him in our back yard and snapped a few shots. I don't have a long enough lens w/ vibration control for birding and I had to crop heavily. It's the best I could do.
MT1_3659.jpeg

Last edited:
Not pretty! Vultures hanging out waiting for some tasty roadkill.

Vultures and crows are 2 of my favorite birds. I like your first shot a lot.

I think the Texas winter storm has something to do with what locals are calling "the year of the worm". These guys are freaking EVERYWHERE. I can't go outside without bringing in 4-5 hitchhikers :/

1) how many do you see??? I see 6 but in reality there are probably 6,000
paigewilks.com2-6.jpg

2) tiny lil inch worm
paigewilks.com3-5.jpg

3) race to.....?????
paigewilks.com1-6.jpg

Backyard coming into color. love spring wish it lasted a bit longer..
I think the Texas winter storm has something to do with what locals are calling "the year of the worm". These guys are freaking EVERYWHERE. I can't go outside without bringing in 4-5 hitchhikers :/

1) how many do you see??? I see 6 but in reality there are probably 6,000
View attachment 205467

2) tiny lil inch worm
View attachment 205468

3) race to.....?????
View attachment 205469
gosh i thought our stink bug invasion was bad.. worms... yuck......... how long do they last.. do they turn into moths.. ??

Most reactions

New Topics

Back