Well, I found my way back

ScottWy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello to everyone. It's been a good long while since I have been here, due to life in general. I think it's been 10 or more years.
When I was last active I had just got a BRAND NEW D700 and 70-200 VR2. I also had a D50 with a Tamron 28-75 F2.8.

So, life got in the way. It was real ugly, but included losing my father, and then my wife. My house was robbed more than once, including my camera set up. I just lost interest in everything. It is a miracle I am still breathing. I did things to try to prevent that, but I survived.

Anyway, I just ordered a used D700 and used 70-200 VR2, along with one of those 1990's Nikkor 35-70 F2.8 D lenses. It's not a lot of $$$ in the camera world, but it took a great strain on my budget!

What does everybody use for photo editing these days? When I dropped out I was using PS Elements 4. I think I still have the CD, even.

I know there are volumes of good advice here, which is why I am checking things out.

Welcome back. Sorry to hear of your losses.

I presume you have learned by now that PS is available by subscription and you sign up for 12 months at a time. Personally, I use Aperture on my iMac. There are some free ones available, but I don't know anything about them. A lot of your choice may depend on what computer you are using. Good luck!

Wow, you have suffered greatly. You have my condolences for your losses and trauma.

Welcome back and sorry to hear about your losses. Hopefully you can get immersed back into photography, and it, with this membership, will provide good therapy for you :)

Sorry to hear about your challenges. Time heals all wounds as they say.

I use snapseed on my phone and Exposure X6 on the computer. Exposure is very easy to use and you can download a 30 day trial to see if it's for you. It has come a long way since it's original version. It handles highlights much better and has a vast lens and camera library as well. It is perfect for me as I tend to shoot very slow and try to get it right in camera so I spend minimal time editing at the computer.

You've managed to get through a terribly trying time. Lets hope that's all behind you and celebrate your return.

Welcome back! :bouncingsmileys:

Welcome! PS and LR is a steal at $10/month

Welcome back! I'm sorry to hear about your family losses, condolences. :heartpump:

It's great to see you back here - happy to have you on board with us again.

Looking forward to seeing you post some of your work with the new gear. Enjoy the forum!

Welcome back.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.
Just getting the gear has been frustrating.
I bid on the camera last Wednesday, and paid immediately. Somehow the Paypal was not released, and the item did not ship.
It was cleared up by last Friday, but the seller did not ship until today.

As it was camera only, I ordered the used lenses from MPB a day later. I paid extra for shipping, and I would have had them today if I was not at work when Fed Ex tried to do the signature required delivery.

They say another attempt will be made tomorrow. If I am not home from work before they try I do not know what the next step is.

The camera is on its way by UPS ground, from clear across the country. It isn't due until next Tuesday.

I hope they will deliver when I am home, and not throw it into the nearest mud puddle!

Hello to everyone. It's been a good long while since I have been here, due to life in general. I think it's been 10 or more years.
When I was last active I had just got a BRAND NEW D700 and 70-200 VR2. I also had a D50 with a Tamron 28-75 F2.8.

So, life got in the way. It was real ugly, but included losing my father, and then my wife. My house was robbed more than once, including my camera set up. I just lost interest in everything. It is a miracle I am still breathing. I did things to try to prevent that, but I survived.

Anyway, I just ordered a used D700 and used 70-200 VR2, along with one of those 1990's Nikkor 35-70 F2.8 D lenses. It's not a lot of $$$ in the camera world, but it took a great strain on my budget!

What does everybody use for photo editing these days? When I dropped out I was using PS Elements 4. I think I still have the CD, even.

I know there are volumes of good advice here, which is why I am checking things out.
so glad to hear your back.. photography can soothe... I hope it does this for you

Most reactions

New Topics

Back