Well I'll Be Giggered

bantor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
jrcreations.bravehost.com
You will never guess what i have gone and done.

I bought i house! I can't believe it. I will tell you all the story.

It was a brisk sunday (as in two days ago sunday) morning when my mother and step father asked me to help them take a load of stuff up to my moms new house (she just transferred work and moved about 2 hours north of where we live now). I said yes due to the fact that i had nothing better to do and off we went. we did what we had to do to get my moms stuff unloaded in the new town and as we were getting ready to head back home, we saw this house for sale. It was a nice little house, but it had some serious potential. On the drive home my step dad said "hey you should buy that house" then i chuckled a little bit and fell asleep for about 10 min. then when i woke up he said "i was serious you should buy that house"

Now before i go on, perhaps I will give you all a little back story. I am 20 years old, i have a bit of money saved, but nothing to serious. I am living in a small appartment in calgary, and have a good job that i like. Knowing that maybe it will help you realize how odd of a choice this actually was.

So anyways, the rest of the ride home we sat there figuring out the finances and stuff, and all looked well, so when i got home i called the realtor and made an offer, the next morning he called me back and said my offer was accepted. So i made an appointment at the bank for tuesday (as in today). then when i went, we went through all my money stuff and made the mortagage application, about 5 minuits later the banker said "ok it has been accepted, now we just apply to CMHC and you are good to go" so we did, and within an hour it was approved and i had bought i house.

So now I am sitting here, two days later still living in a small appartment in calgary, a rather large loan to pay, a job i still like and don't want to leave, and a house sitting 2 hours away. But i am happy about it all and am confident everything will work out great.

If you have read this far, well than thanks for the attention. i simply had to let the world know this random and very strange bit of personal news.

Wow, that is great news. When do you move in? Are you going to commute to work? Good Luck.

Thanks! Well, i am going to rent it out, that will pay for the martagage for now and i will continue living were i am gor a while. I would probably move there right abway, however my room mate is in school right now and it would just be bad policy to ditch out on him and make him find a new room mate or a new house. just bad policy. But i get possession Jan 1 2007 at the latest maybe sooner if the current tenants leave before they ahve to.

Congratulations on your purchase. To buy oneself a HOUSE is quite something!!!
And now I shall move this to where you had planned for it to be, for I was wondering myself, too, why it was in the Welcomes and Introductions ;). We know you here! Don't we? Only did we not know how SPONTANEOUS you can be :biggrin: !!

This thread title reminds me off...

familyguyquagmiretee4qx.jpg

Congrats on the new house...it can be a weird feeling when you wake up and realize you own the bank a couple hundred thousand dollars.

Two hours north of Calgary...where is it? if you don't mind my asking.

Probably a good investment, the housing market is still sky rocketing in Alberta. Living in Calgary, I'm sure you know that. I bough a house, here in Edmonton, a few years ago...and now it's worth a lot more than I paid for it. We have actually been thinking about selling it and looking for an acreage just outside of town.

Yeah, not just in AB....my area in Toronto's a nice one, not a Rosedale or any of the several-million-dollar behemoths, but we just had our first million-dollar house in the immediate (as in few blocks around me) area sold. My tiny house, don't know the square foot but it's very small, has been renovated over the past decade and a half we've lived there, and it could probably sell for twice the price we paid for it.

I say we, and I mean my parents, but still.

congrats on the house. a mortgage can be a little scary, but you're way better off than throwing your money away on an apartment.

thanks for the encourageing words all. The house is in a little village called Delbourne. it is about 20 min. outside of Red Deer.

It is the right time indeed. House prices have cone up about 5% in two months in Delbourne, so even if i sell the place in the next six months i would have made $10,000 to $20,000 just like that!

Congrats! I can't even imagine purchasing a house anywhere in Alberta, so it is wonderful it worked out for yourself

Congrats on the house.

I just purchased a house myself so i know how you feel. Ive owned it for a month and have been doing a little bit of decorating, buying myself some new furniture etc and will finally be moving in this weekend.

I'm a bit upset that i couldnt afford anything a bit bigger, but Im a first time buyer and had to get what i could. It's in a decent area so that's bonus atleast

bantor said:
Conrats to you to John. It is a rather interesting experience. But enjoyable in my opinion. More space is not always good though, it mean there is more to clean.

lol, yes, i suppose that's a positive way of looking at it. Less walls to be painted too!

Wow! this is fantastic! I am 20 years old as well... studying on university ... I live mostly form my parents cash but I also work to pay for my apartment... but this sounds so cool! being 20 with own house! this is amazing!

Most reactions

Back