Amazing to see what a great line up Nikon put together in 2016:
  • D5
  • D810
  • D810A
  • D750
  • DF
  • D500
  • D7200
Among others... There is an option from everyone out there.

Not to mention the new lenses, that are even more important, with E aperture, FL glass, PF elements, AF-P lenses etc... That's a good moment for Nikon. Let's just hope sales can improve in the DSLR market, that overall, has been loosing space.

It's a good time to shoot!

Last edited:
  • D5
  • D810
  • D810A
  • D750
  • DF
  • D500
  • D7200

Not to mention the new lenses, that are even more important, with E aperture, FL glass, PF elements, AF-P lenses etc... That's a good moment for Nikon. Let's just hope sales can improve in the DSLR market, that overall, has been loosing space.

You are wrong there is not one in that line up for me

Nothing in the lineup for people that are broke! :lol:

I hadn't looked at the new lenses yet, I'll have to check those out.

Nothing in their camera line-up these days that interest me one iota.

About the only thing I'm excited about is the 200-500, which is on my wish list.

• D5
  • D810
  • D810A
  • D750
  • DF
  • D500
  • D7200

Maybe this is more your line ... the FM10 and F6 ==> Film Cameras | Buy Film Camera | Nikon

• D5
  • D810
  • D810A
  • D750
  • DF
  • D500
  • D7200

Maybe this is more your line ... the FM10 and F6 ==> Film Cameras | Buy Film Camera | Nikon

No this is the one i will be getting
M-A Black - Park Cameras Online

or this from my local camera shop 10 miles from my home
Used Leica M Monochrom Digital Rangefinder Camera Body 10760 - Used Cameras - Used - Harrison Cameras

About the only thing I'm excited about is the 200-500, which is on my wish list.
What you thinking? is the optical, built quality and handling better than lets say... 150-600 sigma sport? Well, i'm not sure what price differences are where you are, but here they cost the same.

Found some images comparing all the zooms Nikon 200-500mm quality | Cameralabs

Last edited:

What you thinking? is the optical, built quality and handling better than lets say... 150-600 sigma sport? Well, i'm not sure what price differences are where you are, but here they cost the same.

ByronBrant has one, and I borrowed it to race against my Tamzooka. The Nikkor has just as good IQ when 500mm is cropped to the equivelant of the Tamron';s 600mm. But the Nikkor has MUCH better AF and VR. Plus, the Nikkor works exceedingly well with my Nikon 1.4 TC, while the Tamron struggles with AF and is still soft all around.

So, the Nikkor is on my wish list. Once I get it, I'll marry it to my 1.4 TC and toss the stack onto my D7100. That will give me a 420-1050 equivalent.

ByronBrant has one, and I borrowed it to race against my Tamzooka. The Nikkor has just as good IQ when 500mm is cropped to the equivelant of the Tamron';s 600mm. But the Nikkor has MUCH better AF and VR. Plus, the Nikkor works exceedingly well with my Nikon 1.4 TC, while the Tamron struggles with AF and is still soft all around.

So, the Nikkor is on my wish list. Once I get it, I'll marry it to my 1.4 TC and toss the stack onto my D7100. That will give me a 420-1050 equivalent.
AF speed on these lenses are pretty important now that you mention it.

The D750 and the D810 are pretty OK overall, depending upon your focus (high ISO performance vs resolution).

The D5 is probably OK for wedding, press and sports shooters.

The D500 is OK for wildlife shooters.

The D7200 and D610 are basically for cheapskates that dont want to acquire an old used camera (D7000 and D700, respectively) instead.

I fail to see the point of the Df; IMHO Nikon should take a good look at the Fuji X-T1 before creating a Df2.

Many options doesnt really equal many choices.

The D750 and the D810 are pretty OK overall, depending upon your focus (high ISO performance vs resolution).

The D7200 and D610 are basically for cheapskates that dont want to acquire an old used camera (D7000 and D700, respectively) instead.

I fail to see the point of the Df; IMHO Nikon should take a good look at the Fuji X-T1 before creating a Df2.

I think you should start your own camera brand

I think you should start your own camera brand
I think he should too. Then he can make his stuff up.

I UPGRADED to a D600 from a D7000 - the one he identifies as a old used camera). At that time I researched the d700 extensively and tested several. I love the d700. But the improved EVERYTHING about the image processing of the d600 sold it over the d700. The d700 is old tech but still a great camera. I nearly bought one again last month too.

The d600, like the Canon's 6D is priced as an entry level Full Frame camera. It's priced BELOW the 7dm2 and d500 for a reason.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back