What are you having for Christmas lunch?!

Lisa B

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm planning to get up, drink loads, chill out and eat my lunch on Xmas day - lunch that im having with my mum and one of my sisters. We all decided to have Lamb for lunch coz none of us like chicken or turkey or any of that crap. SO, Lamb it is. And, i dare say, a lot of wine! Then i'm going to work!

So, what are you having?

Lisa xx

I really dislike lamb....odd choice for christmas...but it's all good I guess.
I'm going to my aunt's house where the whole family goes, and we have SO MUCH FOOD that youre stomach would explode looking at it. It's quite enjoyable.

It looks like I'll be making a turkey (or at least a turkey breast) and a beef roast
Brussels sprouts and green bean casserole
Mince pies, cookies, coconut macaroons
(^^^all by specific request)
Mashed and roasted potatoes
Yorkshire puds (<-- pretty much all I'll be eating)
Gravy
Probably some stuffing... maybe I should start my cooking now, I've definitely stopped asking people what they'd like.

lunch???

like im going to be up that early

french onion soup

garlic bread

roast turkey roast pork roast beef

roast potatoes

roast parsnips

carrots

brussel sprouts

peas

yorkshire pudding

stuffing

bread sauce

christmas pudding

strawberry cake

lemon torte

raspberry cheesecake

cheeseboard stilton---chedder---brie---plus two more

five types of crackers

15 bottles of wine and three cases of beer

i have 15 people for christmas dinner.

thanks for this post as it made me write out a menu thus a shopping list to follow

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL

I'm sure it will be fairly traditional stuff revolving round a turkey crown. Think Anne-Marie and I are cooking round at the MILs place - she broke her arm in a couple of places at the end of last week and now has to have an op because they aren't happy with the way it's turned out. So that's happening Thursday morning, the day I get back into the UK.

not sure since it is all up to the people feeding me this year :)

I'm sure it will be fairly traditional stuff revolving round a turkey crown. Think Anne-Marie and I are cooking round at the MILs place - she broke her arm in a couple of places at the end of last week and now has to have an op because they aren't happy with the way it's turned out. So that's happening Thursday morning, the day I get back into the UK.
I should perhaps clarify - it's my Mother-in-Law who has broken her arm - slipped on some ice.

I'm planning to get up, drink loads, chill out and eat my lunch on Xmas day - lunch that im having with my mum and one of my sisters. We all decided to have Lamb for lunch coz none of us like chicken or turkey or any of that crap. SO, Lamb it is. And, i dare say, a lot of wine! Then i'm going to work!

So, what are you having?

Lisa xx

Probably the same thing I'll serve to the homeless. I'll be volunteering to feed the hungry and I don't know the menu. :lol:

What you have been describing is more dinner than lunch.
For lunch koshlena, pickled beets and rye bread.

skieur

Most reactions

Back