What camera to buy?

...I was watching more videos shot by the FZ200 and it looks really good, but most videos are about large opjects...

Hi Arjan - here is a closeup motion test with the FZ200. It includes objects about the same size as your figurines (please watch at 720p for comparison with a similar test shot with a Canon T4i/650D and posted below):

Looking at the FZ200, I noticed I also need a SDHC card.
Now I found:
Kingston SDA10/64 GB 60mb/sec
Kingstond SDA10/32 GB 100X

The 32GB is almost as expencive as the 64 gb, so whats the catch?
(As you might notice, Im getting more and more confident that the fz200 will be great for me, unless someone comes with THE argument not to take it of course :) ).

For what you need and your budget, I agree that the FZ200 is probably the right camera for you. I use Kingston SDXC cards in my Panasonics and they work just fine. You can get the FZ200 for 459€ and a Kingston 64GB SDXC for 55€ at amazon.de

Good luck!

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Same test shot with the T4i/650D:

I have shot video with both the T4i/650D and with the FZ150 and, at 1080/60p, the little FZ cameras are sharper and have better (and quieter) autofocus.

Cheers,

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you very much Bill,
I think I'll go to a store tomorrow to feel how it feels in my hands and if it feels nice I think I made my decision.

Thank you for all the great help!
Arjan

Thank you for your reply Kraj, but I allready decided on the Lumx FZ200.

And allthough im still figuring out the right settings, I allready see a major improvement in the picture taking department (the movie department needs alot more working because I find focussing a bit difficult, but didnt expect it to be very easy after 1 day ;)).
Nokia lumia 920: (could not zoom in more)

$x2yc.jpg
FZ200 (could probably zoom in more if I'd crop the picture)
$ihl8.jpg

So thank you all again :)!

You may want to learn about "focus stacking".

When shooting close-up / macro shots, the depth of field (the range of distances at which objects will appear to be acceptably focused) can be extremely thin. If you need more depth of field you can take shots, tweaking the focused distance just slightly between each frame (or the camera can be mounted on a "focus rail" and the whole camera moves forward or backward just slightly between each frame).

The set of images are then combined using focus stacking software (Photoshop can do this with it's Photomerge feature -- assuming you own Photoshop, but as Adobe are no longer selling Photoshop, but "renting" it to you instead... you may want to look elsewhere for stacking software.) If you're interested in learning how this works, there are NUMEROUS YouTube videos that explain how to do it. Usually the person making the video is only going to talk about how to do with their software, so you might want to look through several of them to get software ideas.

Good luck!

Thank you Tim,
I'll start watching movies tomorow on focus stacking :).

Most reactions

Back